Brunswick Stew

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Howdy fellas and non fellas. Had some leftovers in the deep freeze From some previous smokes so decided to throw them in a brunswick Stew. Not many pics but this is easy and tasty as heck. The meats were a pound of smoked pulled pork and a pound of pulled smoked chicken. Didn't get pics of those. Also fried up a pound of peppered country bacon ends
IMG_20210123_121010.jpg

Add all 3lbs of meat to crockpot and add in 12oz frozen lima beans. 12oz frozen corn and 12oz sliced okra. 4 diced red taters skin on. 1 cup sweet baby ray's. 4 cups chicken broth( can add more to cover if needed). 1 medium diced vidalia onion. 2 cloves minced garlic. 1T wooster sauce. Tsp black pepper. Tsp red pepper flakes. 8oz tomato sauce. 14oz diced tomatoes. Mix well in crockpot and set to high for 4-5hrs. Then it's done!
IMG_20210123_181212.jpg

My bowl with some baguette
IMG_20210123_191113.jpg

This stuff is delicious and full of flavor. So next time y'all need leftover ideas here ya go!

Last edited:
that’s some comfort food right there. I’ll take a bowl of that for the game after shoveling tomorrow I’ll tell you that.

Looks awesome Jake. Perfect weather for that in Ohio! I also sometimes like to make what I call clean the frig and freezer stew haha.

• Haha
Reactions: Sowsage
Looks great Jake! And filling for sure! Good idea for leftovers

Ryan

Looks awesome Jake! Been a long time since ive had any okra or lima beans....i may have to search the freezer for some left overs!

Looks great Jake. Not a fan of okra but I can leave them out.

Jake--you always amaze me. I think in my last life I was a billionaire and you were my chef. YOU COOK LIKE I EAT--if that makes sense. Charlie

Looks good Jake. I see you also are a user of the crockpot liners. I dont know who came up with them but I hope they are living large on the profits. Make the cleanup so much easier.
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky