Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Darthgrumpa

Original poster
Mar 15, 2018
Cooked a 19.5 brisket, going with the low and slow version. 27 hours later...it was the most magnificent brisket ever. First part of January, Costco has a sale on 17-22 pound brisket, prime. I bought 2, who/what can go wrong??? I cut one in half, and smoked one (Flat) in mid January and the other yesterday. This is the what could go wrong part, neither one would get up to temp. Cooked the first one (10#), I stopped cooking 18 hours later. brisket temp was 168 Degrees. I could not get it the temp up. I was using an off-set New Bruanfels smoker. Same thing happened yesterday, what in the hell am I doing wrong?
Thanks for the help.
On the what could go wrong front. Remote temp devise died, ran to Lowe's bought a new Weber remote temp, the ________(insert bad word) battery was dead, another bad word and off to Lowe's to get a new one.

Reactions: ConrodM
What was the grate temp Darth?
Did you finish in the oven ?
Was it a fire management issue ?
Was it completely thawed?

Sorry for all the questions just trying to help find some answers.

Keith

I don’t see where you mentioned the pit temp. As others said it must be extremely low. With the length of time you are referencing I’m not so sure there aren’t concerns with how long the meats sitting below 140F. Hoping you aren’t injecting the meat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky