brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fwsmoker

Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
fort worth,tx
where do you guys think is the best place to buy briskets kroger.albertsons,tom thumb, or does it matter? choice or select? thnks for any input

Allways buy the best grade you can afford!

I'm in south louisiana and the only one of the 3 you mentioned that we have here is albertsons and they are higher in price than most others around here.

Sams , costco, come to mind.

We have alot of small stores that belong to the associated grocers co op. These smaller places seem to offer a better grade meat  at a lower price than any of the large grocers including wally world.

icon_cool.gif

I would recommand maybe Restaurant depot or maybe Sam's is a good place too. If they have good meat cause some sam's I won't buy any meat from. But then you might get a good one at wally world.

We can't find full packers anywhere around here without making a special order. If you buy at Sam's or Walmart, watch the dates on the label. I've never had trouble with their meats in the past, but I check dates and don't buy the older stock-rotation meats unless it will go straight to my freezer. If it will lay in my fridge a few days before I will smoke it, then I grab the freshest I can find in the cooler. Sam's and Walmart have been good about bringing out meats when we ask, if their cooler stock is low.

Eric

I have pretty good luck with Kroger.  The butchers know me, and will bring out multiple briskets for me to look at.  Sam's around here finally dropped their prices on packers, and I have gotten some nice cuts from them as well. 

Resteraunt supply stores or a good local butcher are always your best bet, if that fails then start calling around to the various stores and ask to talk to the meat dept.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky