Brisket time!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great welcome home for you, Cranky! Checking the grain direction is a must-do, of course.
I'm about out of PP and was planning a shoulder for this weekend but now you have me craving brisket. I just cut up the last of my leftover point last week for mashed potatoes & gravy, so I'm out of that, too.
Decisions, decisions...
Hey, farmer, if I can do it I know you can. You don't need a huge one. I get them in the 10 to 12lb range, cut the flat off for something else and they don't take any longer than a good sized butt. Once you've done one you're hooked. Cheap & easy tender, tasty beef....
Dan

I always slice off a nice chunk. vac seal it and hide it in the freezer for when I get the urge.

Gary

Where'd ya get the Barbecue Gnome buddy?  Not sure I can live whiteout one now.  Point! 

Brian
That's Cranky Gnome.  The bride ordered him, she said it looks like me, gray hair, big gut, and blue eyes standing by something that smokes.  
laugh1.gif

Really good looking food.

I've never done one yet either, but you give me courage.

Next time I go to town, I will get one to try.

Points to you, Sir.

Oh, I think Cranky Gnome is planning to make

soup stock outa them Buzzard bones.  
biggrin.gif

Hey neighbor, I trust you still have a little brisket left over for sampling!!  Otherwise, those Halloween grave markers your wife made up complete with your name and RIP could have some truth.

See you soon.

DWDunlap, Richardson, TX

Hey neighbor, I trust you still have a little brisket left over for sampling!!  Otherwise, those Halloween grave markers your wife made up complete with your name and RIP could have some truth.

See you soon.

DWDunlap, Richardson, TX
Howdy David!

I've got a little packed into the freezer for sure...  When's your brisket cook coming up?

Working this weekend (ugh) but will be cooking next weekend and I'll probably take a drive through Canyon Creek in search of your address!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky