Brisket ( that's more like it )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks perfectly cooked. You nailed it. From here on out it should be fairly consistent.

Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Very nicely done! I am overdue for a brisket on the 26".
I love the little 8-10 pound briskets
Yup . I was surprised to see a small one . It was perfect for the 3 of us .
I really enjoy smoking on the 26 . Great flavor and once it settles in , it pretty much runs itself .
Thanks for lookin .

Awesome looking meal!
Nicely done!
Thanks Al . Appreciate the comments .

Looks great Chop!
Thank you sir . I miss the stick burner for this type of cook , but that kettle does a great job .

Brisket turned out awesome!
Thanks . I always try to shoot for no sauce needed . That salt and coarse pepper crust on this with some mesquite smoke is awesome .
Outstanding!!
That Sammy got me excited!!
Thanks John . Sandwich seems pretty plain , but it really needed nothing but the bun . Had one for breakfast yesterday . Might do the same today !
Nice job Chop. You know and I know even the so called better smokers some times have a fail. But this one sure is great.
Thanks you Warren . Yeah , I know now the mistake I made on the 3rd one .
Appreciate the comments bud .

Great looking plate pictures Chop and congratulations on your successful brisket.

Got more info on your "Crack Pasta"?
Thanks Jack . My daughter does the pasta . I'll get the info from her and get it to you . We eat it as a main coarse . Then use up the leftovers .
Looks very nice. I finally nailed my last brisket but its been close to a year now. Next one I will have to learn again.
I nailed the first 2 with help from you and Tallbm . Went down hill from there .
This one got back on track . When it's right it's hard to beat .
Thanks for looking and leaving a comment .
Beautiful brisket Chop! Brisket dropped to $2.99/lb, maybe it’s time to smoke one.
No maybe about it . Get one to smoke and one to grind ! Thanks for the comment .

Looks amazing. I am so ready to do another brisket but my new offset still hasn't arrived.
Thanks . I miss the offset , but that kettle does about the same with way less tending . It's a fun cook when you need to get involved , just not to involved .

Looks perfectly cooked. You nailed it. From here on out it should be fairly consistent.
Thanks Mike . Had good results starting out . Now I know what I did wrong on the bad one .
Didn't cool it before going to the cooler . This one I hit the time right . An hour wrapped on the counter then we ate . Point end was melt in your mouth . Second day was even better .

NICE job looks PERFECT.
One thing I have learned is you NEVER know on brisket. Ya can do every thing the same and still have a bad 1. I haven't done one in quite awhile they got too expensive around here. They coming down in price so hopefully before long they are back to affordable.

Thanks Jack . My daughter does the pasta . I'll get the info from her and get it to you . We eat it as a main coarse . Then use up the leftovers .

I nailed the first 2 with help from you and Tallbm . Went down hill from there .
This one got back on track . When it's right it's hard to beat .
Thanks for looking and leaving a comment .

No maybe about it . Get one to smoke and one to grind ! Thanks for the comment .

Thanks . I miss the offset , but that kettle does about the same with way less tending . It's a fun cook when you need to get involved , just not to involved .

Thanks Mike . Had good results starting out . Now I know what I did wrong on the bad one .
Didn't cool it before going to the cooler . This one I hit the time right . An hour wrapped on the counter then we ate . Point end was melt in your mouth . Second day was even better .
That's pretty much what I do, let it rest at least an hour wrapped once it's off the smoker. Learned that the hard way many Briskets ago.

Mike

Reactions: chopsaw
This came out really good . When you get the brisket right it really is
hard to beat .

Truer words have never been spoken Chop. That is one fantastic looking brisket - Heck the whole plate looks great. Also excellent points on the one touch adjustments. I've goofed up numerous times playing around with them.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: chopsaw
That is one fantastic looking brisket
Thank you Chris . That 26 cooks a good one . I love it . Hey , why not brisket for breakfast ?
20200804_073659.jpg

excellent points on the one touch adjustments.
It can be deceiving because of where they put the symbol for open / closed . If you want full open or closed , that's easy . Fine adjustments takes some information . The old marks were even worse . So I look in the kettle to see the position of the vents . I adjust it to just close the slot . Then I put a witness mark on the outside . Center line of handle . Then I adjust to full open and do the same . It's only about an inch of movement from open to closed .

Reactions: gmc2003
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky