Brisket Sammich

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Bored as heck today. Raining outside. Was feeling a little hangry. Did I mention bored? Decided to turn the day around and pulled a bag of leftover brisket out of the freezer. Heated it up. Sauteed some bell pepper, onions and shroom. Toasted up an onion roll. Stacked the brisket on top of the roll with the veggies and some provolone. Slather of horseradish. Feel better now. Brisket fixes everything

Attachments

• 20190218_185655.jpg
    20190218_185655.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 71
I can barely keep up with two how do you get bored with four kids?!? Lol jk...the sandwich looks great man! I always vac seal and freeze PP, brisket, pulled chicken, etc...easy to heat back up and have dinner in a hurry!

Reactions: TNJAKE
I can barely keep up with two how do you get bored with four kids?!? Lol jk...the sandwich looks great man! I always vac seal and freeze PP, brisket, pulled chicken, etc...easy to heat back up and have dinner in a hurry!
Lmao. All 4 of mine are teenagers. Things are less eventful now......plus they're all at school right now lol. And yeah I do all my bulk meats like that as well.

That looks like one heck of a tasty sandwich. Bet you replaced hangry with sleepy now...hangry, the newest and 8th dwarf lol. Hhmmmm, so with 4 teenagers in the house are you ever right, or just when you're cooking? :emoji_wink:

Ryan

That looks like one heck of a tasty sandwich. Bet you replaced hangry with sleepy now...hangry, the newest and 8th dwarf lol. Hhmmmm, so with 4 teenagers in the house are you ever right, or just when you're cooking? :emoji_wink:

Ryan
Thanks Ryan. I havent been right in years lol. Thank God I have the fortress of solitude (smoker)

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Dammit man!! I had an idea for diner and it just got derailed reading this. I too have leftover brisket in the freezer. Done lots of sammies with it in the past but never with the onions, peppers, and shrooms. That just sounds amazing!! The only thing I'd do is add some cheese...kinda like a brisket Philly cheese steak :emoji_sunglasses:

I LIKE this idea

Darned good looking stuff!!
Robert

Dammit man!! I had an idea for diner and it just got derailed reading this. I too have leftover brisket in the freezer. Done lots of sammies with it in the past but never with the onions, peppers, and shrooms. That just sounds amazing!! The only thing I'd do is add some cheese...kinda like a brisket Philly cheese steak :emoji_sunglasses:

I LIKE this idea

Darned good looking stuff!!
Robert
Thanks robert. My briskets sitting on a piece of provolone lol. Hope yours turns out tasty! Dont skip the horseradish

Damn you've been eating good!! The hits just keep coming! Looking delicious as always!

Great lookin sammich! How do you reheat it? I've never frozen my brisket leftovers, just refrigerated them.
For this particular time I just wrapped in foil put about a table spoon of beef broth and threw it in the oven to steam for a few minutes. If I was reheating a large portion I'd put it in a pan with some au jus and foil thetop

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky