Brisket sales

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
They just keep running brisket for $1.67 lb. How do you not buy one. I have one thawing to grind for hamburger. Gonna smoke some burgers this weekend. Got another today. Have 2 more in freezer and some smoked frozen. What a problem to have. Think I cut this in half and cure. Smoke one and freeze other after cure.

I wish I could find those prices in FL, all I’m seeing is 7.99-9.99 a lb. Other cuts are super cheap though, like tritips and chucks. It’s crazy.

Lucky you I haven't seen brisket on sale in forever and not under about 5 bucks a lb in a long time either

I wish I could find those prices in FL, all I’m seeing is 7.99-9.99 a lb. Other cuts are super cheap though, like tritips and chucks. It’s crazy.

Not to hijack this thread but where are you finding tritips can't find any around Tallahassee that I've found anyhow

Jeez. I was actually excited to see prime back down to $3.29/lb today. I’ve got two prime packers and one cured for pastrami going on the pit this weekend at some point.

I was tickled to see them on sale for $2.99 lb again. Were on sale 2 weeks ago but always out of stock...wonder why?

Ryan

Not to hijack this thread but where are you finding tritips can't find any around Tallahassee that I've found anyhow
Costco for me. But only on fridays. Sometimes they last into the weekend. But for whatever reason that’s the only day I can count on getting them.

I went looking for one to grind , and the shelf was empty of brisket . So I got a chuck pectoral . Should be some good cuts on there , and enough to grind .
Brain I'd be going every week at that price . Even if I had to buy another freezer .

To bad all Costcos and Sam's didn't have the same prices cause they aren't that cheap in ours but then I haven't been to either in about a month

I like in California and they have been $2.49/lb at Smart and Final. Well, actually they were $3.49/lb but price tag said babyback ribs. I pointed it out and they repriced it correctly.

Here in Ga. it had been as high as $6.99 / lb for Brisket since March. This week it has gone "down" to $4.99. And this is for Regular not Prime. Still terrible compared to the usual $1.99-2.99, but going in the right direction.
I've seen the wholesale prices have been at their lowest in 2 years lately, just wish they'd pass it on to the consumer faster.

Mike

If you can get it for 5 bucks a pound , its way cheaper, and better than store ground beef .

If I could find brisket for under $3 a pound I'd be renting space in my neighbors deep freeze.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky