• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Brisket sales

Brian Trommater

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
They just keep running brisket for $1.67 lb. How do you not buy one. I have one thawing to grind for hamburger. Gonna smoke some burgers this weekend. Got another today. Have 2 more in freezer and some smoked frozen. What a problem to have. Think I cut this in half and cure. Smoke one and freeze other after cure.

CFLJOHN512

Smoke Blower
Joined May 9, 2020
I wish I could find those prices in FL, all I’m seeing is 7.99-9.99 a lb. Other cuts are super cheap though, like tritips and chucks. It’s crazy.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
Lucky you I haven't seen brisket on sale in forever and not under about 5 bucks a lb in a long time either

pineywoods

Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
I wish I could find those prices in FL, all I’m seeing is 7.99-9.99 a lb. Other cuts are super cheap though, like tritips and chucks. It’s crazy.
Not to hijack this thread but where are you finding tritips can't find any around Tallahassee that I've found anyhow

73saint

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 8, 2017
Jeez. I was actually excited to see prime back down to $3.29/lb today. I’ve got two prime packers and one cured for pastrami going on the pit this weekend at some point.

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Not to hijack this thread but where are you finding tritips can't find any around Tallahassee that I've found anyhow
Picked up 4 tri-tip at Sam's today. First time they've had them since march

Last edited:

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
I was tickled to see them on sale for $2.99 lb again. Were on sale 2 weeks ago but always out of stock...wonder why?

Ryan

73saint

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 8, 2017
Costco for me. But only on fridays. Sometimes they last into the weekend. But for whatever reason that’s the only day I can count on getting them.

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
I went looking for one to grind , and the shelf was empty of brisket . So I got a chuck pectoral . Should be some good cuts on there , and enough to grind .
Brain I'd be going every week at that price . Even if I had to buy another freezer .

pineywoods

Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
To bad all Costcos and Sam's didn't have the same prices cause they aren't that cheap in ours but then I haven't been to either in about a month

daspyknows

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 9, 2020
I like in California and they have been $2.49/lb at Smart and Final. Well, actually they were $3.49/lb but price tag said babyback ribs. I pointed it out and they repriced it correctly.

MJB05615

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 12, 2018
Here in Ga. it had been as high as $6.99 / lb for Brisket since March. This week it has gone "down" to $4.99. And this is for Regular not Prime. Still terrible compared to the usual $1.99-2.99, but going in the right direction.
I've seen the wholesale prices have been at their lowest in 2 years lately, just wish they'd pass it on to the consumer faster.

Mike

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Kroger has them at $2.99 for choice this week. Where in the heck are they $1.67??

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
If you can get it for 5 bucks a pound , its way cheaper, and better than store ground beef .

smokingwxman

Smoke Blower
Joined Jun 30, 2016
If I could find brisket for under $3 a pound I'd be renting space in my neighbors deep freeze.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.