• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Brisket rubs

JustinCale70

Joined Dec 1, 2019
Sorry if this is already posted. I tried searching and couldn’t find anything. I’m new to the group. I am building a UDS smoker this week after doing research for months. This weekend I want to smoke a brisket. I’m currently looking for a non spicy rub. I made a smoked pork loin 3 weeks ago in a smoke hollow electric smoker and I used brown sugar, spiced paprika, cayenne, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper. 2 cups of brown sugar and the rest equaled out to 1.5 cups. I thought it was very good, but the girlfriend said it was to spicy. Sometimes regular pepper is to spicy for her. So I was curious if anyone has has success with a non spicy rub.

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
I would try just using coarse salt , coarse pepper , onion and garlic. Cut back on the black pepper some if necessary.

chilerelleno

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2016
Classic Dalmatian Rub.
Coarse salt and fresh cracked peppercorns.
I like to use a blend of different peppercorns.
Add granulated garlic and/or onion if you like.

Last edited:

texomakid

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 6, 2017
Salt & Pepper work well with brisket. I use Tone's Restaurant black pepper. it's slightly more course than most table pepper but not too course (I don't like big chunks) and doesn't seem too hot? I use it 75% of the time when I use black pepper.

gmc2003

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
I use SPOG. However I don't really use it as a rub. I just sprinkle the amounts that I want on.

Chris

schlotz

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 13, 2015
Let the beef flavor shine. I stick with the classic Texas approach of a 50-50 mixture of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Generously sprinkle on both sides and let sit for 30-45min then smoke.

JustinCale70

Joined Dec 1, 2019
I just want to thank everyone for replying. Sorry I’m late with the reply. I ended up using the 3/4 sugar to 1/8 hot spices and 1/8 others and it turned out good. Still learning how to perfect on my UDS I built.
9F7998E5-DCB8-4B06-9F5D-2D92EB78D5DB.jpeg
EBB403B1-0E1D-4E84-9705-B4A44A5A1603.jpeg

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Looks you you did very well! Congrats

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.