Brisket redemption

Discussion in 'Beef' started by 1fastss, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Ok guys because I messed up last time and did not give the qview here is the new post that I promised :)

I decided to try a different recipe again for the brisket because I think something has been missing.

So I tried this one...  http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/82119/barbecued-brisket-and-burnt-ends-recipe-by-paul-kirk

I bought a 13.6LB brisket from wally world, Not the monster that I had last time at 15.8LB.

So I made up the slather and the rub and washed down the brisket. The slather had a great taste to it!

Thew the rub down on her and heated up the smoker to 250, now this seemed hot but I was like what the heck I will try it out.

I have been cooking mine as of late at 220.

So where we are with the rub on...

[​IMG]

So as I am in the middle of smoking, about 4 hours in, and I hear some thunder coming in and I was like crap, so I quickly put up my tent and 5Min's later the super down pour started.....

[​IMG]

So at 4:00AM in the morning I could not stay up anymore and had to throw it in the oven.

It was at 167 when I wrapped it and put in the rest of the mop from the link above and added a little beef broth.

I set the thermometer at the 185 mark and went to bed, and at 6:00AM 185 was hit.

It then rested for a little over a hour then when into the fridge.

I pulled it out before the family came over for fathers day and was about to cut it up and add beef brother to the warming pan.

I cut into it and it was so moist I could not add that  awesome meat to broth.

With the bark before the cut..

[​IMG]

The cut....

[​IMG]

The close up...

[​IMG]

Sliced up after the reheat...

[​IMG]

So everything turned out great and the family was blow-en away by it.

Below are a few more pictures of what I made it was a cray good day.

Chipotle shrimped wrapped in bacon.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...ith-chipotle-barbecue-sauce-recipe/index.html

[​IMG]

Then I made bruschetta with Shallot's, rosemary and prosciutto...

[​IMG]

That recipe was crazy good!!!

Well guys thanks for looking I hope I redeemed my self [​IMG]

2. otter

otter Meat Mopper

Looks great , some times we have to finish in an oven no disgrace it happens

3. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

It all looks great

You are here-by exonerated of any wrong doing  [​IMG]

Great Qview!

4. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Beautiful!  [​IMG]

5. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

looks great[​IMG]