Brisket redemption

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

1fastss

Original poster
Apr 1, 2011
Minnesota
Ok guys because I messed up last time and did not give the qview here is the new post that I promised :)

I decided to try a different recipe again for the brisket because I think something has been missing.

So I tried this one...  [color= rgb(0,0,0)]http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/82119/barbecued-brisket-and-burnt-ends-recipe-by-paul-kirk[/color]

I bought a 13.6LB brisket from wally world, Not the monster that I had last time at 15.8LB.

So I made up the slather and the rub and washed down the brisket. The slather had a great taste to it!

Thew the rub down on her and heated up the smoker to 250, now this seemed hot but I was like what the heck I will try it out.

I have been cooking mine as of late at 220.

So where we are with the rub on...

9702e101_IMG_3777.jpg

So as I am in the middle of smoking, about 4 hours in, and I hear some thunder coming in and I was like crap, so I quickly put up my tent and 5Min's later the super down pour started.....

8b31c83d_IMG_3782.jpg

So at 4:00AM in the morning I could not stay up anymore and had to throw it in the oven.

It was at 167 when I wrapped it and put in the rest of the mop from the link above and added a little beef broth.

I set the thermometer at the 185 mark and went to bed, and at 6:00AM 185 was hit.

It then rested for a little over a hour then when into the fridge.

I pulled it out before the family came over for fathers day and was about to cut it up and add beef brother to the warming pan.

I cut into it and it was so moist I could not add that  awesome meat to broth.

With the bark before the cut..

7bfc67a1_IMG_3784.jpg

The cut....

28b7298c_IMG_3789.jpg

The close up...

6869b8c9_IMG_3785.jpg

Sliced up after the reheat...

0dfa0eff_IMG00030-20110619-1413.jpg

So everything turned out great and the family was blow-en away by it.

Below are a few more pictures of what I made it was a cray good day.

Chipotle shrimped wrapped in bacon.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...ith-chipotle-barbecue-sauce-recipe/index.html

1b0c8265_IMG00029-20110619-1354.jpg

Then I made bruschetta with Shallot's, rosemary and prosciutto...

437ff7a3_IMG00028-20110619-1310.jpg

That recipe was crazy good!!!

Well guys thanks for looking I hope I redeemed my self
grilling_smilie.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky