Brisket question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

matt0058

Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
Toronto
Hey guys so I have done briskets at home on my propane smoker and I have gotten a really nice smoke ring. However when I smoke my briskets at work I don't really get much of a smoke ring. I might be solving the problem here but I don't use as much wood as I do at home on my smoker so would that be the solution or do you guys have any other suggestions.

Also does the brisket look a little to dark. I haven't got any complaints on I tasting burnt but I do like to use a good amount of sugar in my rub I like the sweeter rubs so I don't know if I need less sugar.

Last edited:
What kind of smoker are you using at work?
Try using turbinado sugar, it won't burn as bad.

I am using a cookshack 360 so tubinado sugar would work better for long smoking roasts

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky