brisket question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
i have one stubborn brisket..stalled at 185 and is very slowly rising in temp..up to 192 now.  the other 2 had no issues..

a few pic's of the finished brisket

28961ebd_IMG00104-20110131-18431.jpg

53353278_IMG00105-20110131-1859.jpg

701423ee_IMG00106-20110131-1911.jpg

they pulled awesome with the bear claws.  tender, juicy and very good flavor.  i am pleased with my 1st attempt at briskets, with the help of everybody here.
icon_biggrin.gif

Your 1st attempt with brisket ? I'd love to be there trying some of that brisket. I love brisket. Yours looks wonderful. But I can't taste/smell anything....just hear my tummy growling.

so far all the taste testers have really enjoyed it, i got over 20 lbs worth off 3 briskets. lunch will be served in about 2 hours.

That looks excellent Redneck!!!

I never pulled a Brisket.

I always pulled Chuckies & sliced Briskets.

Looks like I gotta try pulling a Brisket!----That really looks good!

Thanks,

Bear

as far as i know,  total success with the brisket
icon_biggrin.gif
  no complaints on anything.  i did have one salesman question me why i cut the fat cap off.  he said he always leaves his on and trims after the fact.  personally..i think it was easy to cut off when cold and i had no issues with it being dry...  well he's a salesman and knows everything..and he does not have SMF.. 
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

as far as i know,  total success with the brisket
icon_biggrin.gif
  no complaints on anything.  i did have one salesman question me why i cut the fat cap off.  he said he always leaves his on and trims after the fact.  personally..i think it was easy to cut off when cold and i had no issues with it being dry...  well he's a salesman and knows everything..and he does not have SMF.. 
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
The salesmen that used to come to my cabinet shop could be a pain now and then.

I used to get them when I'd say:

"How come you have pockets in your pants?----You salesmen always have your hands in somebody else's pocket---you don't need your own"

Bear

SOUNDS awsome!! LOL I've cooked for 2-15 people..and 250 people..wouldnt know what to do for 50 lol have a brisket going in the traeger soon as well!! Dinner tomorrow nite..brisket..collard greens and mac/cheese..

Brent

Last edited:
Good job Red Neck!  There is always something satisfying about cooking for large groups.  I personally enjoy that aspect of smoking the most. Keep it up!

Same here.. AINT NO FUN cookin for ONE..lol  looks like ALLLL went well.. BEST part is the leftovers.. yum!!

88e0991c_IMG00112-20110202-1008.jpg

last of the left overs, i still am surprised with how great this brisket turned out for doing it for the 1st time.  with the help and advice from everyone it turned out to be a huge success..THANK YOU EVERY ONE FOR THE COMMENTS AND ADVICE!!

lol bear,  he's only 9 weeks old..i dont want to start him up with bad habits.  i'm hoping to get him trained to go out hunting with me.  he's part black lab, golden retreiver and husky mix.

lol bear,  he's only 9 weeks old..i dont want to start him up with bad habits.  i'm hoping to get him trained to go out hunting with me.  he's part black lab, golden retreiver and husky mix.
He's cute, but if you don't allow him people food, on your way back from hunting, the two of you stop in a bar for a cold one & a sammy, what is he going to eat? They don't have dog bones in bars.

The last buddy I lost was part Black Lab & part Springer.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky