• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

brisket question

redneck69

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 26, 2010
i have one stubborn brisket..stalled at 185 and is very slowly rising in temp..up to 192 now.  the other 2 had no issues..

redneck69

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 26, 2010
a few pic's of the finished brisket

they pulled awesome with the bear claws.  tender, juicy and very good flavor.  i am pleased with my 1st attempt at briskets, with the help of everybody here.

barneypoo69

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 28, 2009
Your 1st attempt with brisket ? I'd love to be there trying some of that brisket. I love brisket. Yours looks wonderful. But I can't taste/smell anything....just hear my tummy growling.

redneck69

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 26, 2010
so far all the taste testers have really enjoyed it, i got over 20 lbs worth off 3 briskets. lunch will be served in about 2 hours.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Excellent so far. Can't wait to see the finish!

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
That looks excellent Redneck!!!

I never pulled a Brisket.

I always pulled Chuckies & sliced Briskets.

Looks like I gotta try pulling a Brisket!----That really looks good!

Thanks,

Bear

arnie

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 20, 2010
so far all the taste testers have really enjoyed it, i got over 20 lbs worth off 3 briskets. lunch will be served in about 2 hours.
Looks really good, but with this blizzard coming on I can't make it there that fast.   

redneck69

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 26, 2010
as far as i know,  total success with the brisket
  no complaints on anything.  i did have one salesman question me why i cut the fat cap off.  he said he always leaves his on and trims after the fact.  personally..i think it was easy to cut off when cold and i had no issues with it being dry...  well he's a salesman and knows everything..and he does not have SMF.. 

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
as far as i know,  total success with the brisket
  no complaints on anything.  i did have one salesman question me why i cut the fat cap off.  he said he always leaves his on and trims after the fact.  personally..i think it was easy to cut off when cold and i had no issues with it being dry...  well he's a salesman and knows everything..and he does not have SMF.. 
The salesmen that used to come to my cabinet shop could be a pain now and then.

I used to get them when I'd say:

"How come you have pockets in your pants?----You salesmen always have your hands in somebody else's pocket---you don't need your own"

Bear

smokinbrent

Joined Oct 13, 2010
SOUNDS awsome!! LOL I've cooked for 2-15 people..and 250 people..wouldnt know what to do for 50 lol have a brisket going in the traeger soon as well!! Dinner tomorrow nite..brisket..collard greens and mac/cheese..

Brent

Last edited:

redneck69

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 26, 2010
hey Brent, it went great!  i still have one pan of about 5 lbs of meat that we will eat tomorrow

smokey mo

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 18, 2009
Good job Red Neck!  There is always something satisfying about cooking for large groups.  I personally enjoy that aspect of smoking the most. Keep it up!

smokinbrent

Joined Oct 13, 2010
Same here.. AINT NO FUN cookin for ONE..lol  looks like ALLLL went well.. BEST part is the leftovers.. yum!!

redneck69

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 26, 2010

last of the left overs, i still am surprised with how great this brisket turned out for doing it for the 1st time.  with the help and advice from everyone it turned out to be a huge success..THANK YOU EVERY ONE FOR THE COMMENTS AND ADVICE!!

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks yummy, That's a great looking plate of food! Nice job!

redneck69

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 26, 2010
my lil man Charlie, looking sweet and innocent asking me for scraps. Sorry bud...no human food for you.

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
my lil man Charlie, looking sweet and innocent asking me for scraps. Sorry bud...no human food for you.

C'mon you Redneck Human you!!!!

I'm Hungry!

You want me to stop wagging my tail???

Bear

redneck69

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 26, 2010
lol bear,  he's only 9 weeks old..i dont want to start him up with bad habits.  i'm hoping to get him trained to go out hunting with me.  he's part black lab, golden retreiver and husky mix.

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
lol bear,  he's only 9 weeks old..i dont want to start him up with bad habits.  i'm hoping to get him trained to go out hunting with me.  he's part black lab, golden retreiver and husky mix.
He's cute, but if you don't allow him people food, on your way back from hunting, the two of you stop in a bar for a cold one & a sammy, what is he going to eat? They don't have dog bones in bars.

The last buddy I lost was part Black Lab & part Springer.

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.