Brisket Question Bout Cost Per Pound

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
$2.79 / lb. at the grocery store yesterday for a 14.5 lb. packer..

Are ya gettin out to do some huntin' this fall, Ray? I just had shoulder surgery so my new Diamond bow is gonna wait another year it looks like
PDT_Armataz_01_02.gif
. Maybe spring Javelina.. I did get rifle deer and rifle elk tags this year along with a new deep freeze. 2012 is a comin' brothers!

Last edited:
When I stopped after work today to pick up a couple butts, they had whole briskets for 1.72.  Kicking myself for not grabbing one to put in the freezer for when I get back off a work trip.  I'm trying to remember but I think Wally World here had them for 2.89 or something a pound.

Kroger's around here are consistant at 1.98 a pound for full packers.  I have seen trimmed flats for 4 bucks a pound.

I got tired of putting it off, and bought the biggest one I could find in a hurry, at Wegman's.

I paid $4.79 for a 4.5 pound flat.

Giant also had them for $4.79.

Weiss wanted $6.99.

Never thought about Wally World.
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif

Bear

I pay $1.98/lb for a packer, and $4.79 for a flat, but I don't do many flats.

If I gotta pay that kind of cash for a piece of meat I'll do a tri tip

Last edited:
Holy cow! I just looked back at a post i did in January where I pictured the label and come to find out I was paying $1.99 a lb then! I just dumped $2.79 / lb. Thursday!

What innovations have they made in a cow this year??? 
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

WooHoo.. 600 posts.. 
icon_rolleyes.gif

Last edited:
$1.98 at the Wally World is the best we have here unless I head over to Scott AFB where it's cheaper but no packers.

$2.99 to $3.99 a pound.  But that's at the local grocery store.  I refuse to step foot in a Wal Mart and give a single dollar to a company who does more for the GDP of China than it does the US.  WAKE UP PEOPLE  Quit shopping for what's best for you and do what's right for the country

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky