Brisket, pulled pork and tenderloins for the 4th

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

redneck69

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Western Nebraska
1st off, i hope everybody had an Awesome 4th of July with family and friends....i know i sure did

started off wednesday night, my girl friend helped out by getting a couple pork shoulders and a brisket ready...the pork shoulders were for my mom and i was being selfish with the brisket and kept it for the direct family.  no pic's of that prep...every body has seen that a ton of times

used the trusty MES40 temp set at 235 using some mesquite, cherry and apple dust for smoke flavor

put these in around 10:30 wednesday night

woke up to a wonderful smell coming from the smoker at 7 am...internal temp was around 165 on all 3 items so they got double foiled and back into the smoker

brisket was pulled at internal temp of 195 and tossed in a cooler with a few towels....the pork shoulders were pulled at internal temp of 203 and tossed in the cooler as well for a few hours

as you can tell the brisket was moist and tender along with the pulled pork

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

now for a few pork loins

did a modified version of Jeff's pork loin braid from a few newsletter back

used some coconut palm sugar and cinnamon for flavor

placed in the MES 40 smoker temp was set at 240 for these guys and i used peach chips for smoke flavor

pulled and placed in foil when they reached internal temp of 145 and let them set with a towel covering them for a hour 

my mom loved the look and flavor of these

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

now for the hit of the BBQ with family and friends

seared apple cinnamon and coconut palm sugar rolled pork tenderloin

smoked with the braided loins up top

sliced up the apples to roughly an 1/8 in thick placed in a pan with a lil EVOO and covered with cinnamon and coconut palm sugar..just started to sprinkle...really no measurements taken

filleted out the tenderloin so it was about a 1/4 in thick..put a thin coating of EVOO on the loin and gave it a light dusting with the cinnamon and coconut palm sugar

seared the apples til they were soft and placed them on the loin

rolled up and and a bit more cinnamon and coconut palm sugar on the top

out of the smoker at internal temp of 145 and rested in foil and under a towel for an hour before slicing

a few shots of the loin sliced up and ready for the guests

thank you for looking!!  have a great day!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky