• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Brisket prices

redrocker65200

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 15, 2015
Went to the local mega mart yesterday and found an 6 lb brisket. The kicker was it was 10/pound. WTF. Is this normal?

jarhead1979

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 10, 2015
Can't say that I blame you. Brisket went on sale here in TX around Independence Day. I was paying around $2/lb for choice briskets. Normal price here is closer to $3.50-$4. Can't speak for CA, though. I'm surprised y'all aren't buying air to breath by the pound out there, yet.

Bummed

Meat Mopper
Joined Jun 17, 2016
I have never smoked a Brisket so I went out looking and only found this one and Walmart only had the select for $2.97. Not many choices here so I'll be going back to Sam's tomorrow.

Good Luck!

Bummed

Meat Mopper
Joined Jun 17, 2016
Looks awesome, any ideas what rub or preparations you're going to do yet? There are so many ways it can be a bit overwhelming for a newbie.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I check Walmart every time I go there for brisket, because from time to time they have Choice mixed in with the Select for the same price.

I've never seen it above $3.00.

Al

idahopz

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 9, 2015
Costco here still offers prime packers for $2.59/lb  Fred Meyer sells a lesser quality for double the price.  I guess shopping around is the only way to ensure the best price.

redrocker65200

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 15, 2015
I wonder why we in the SF bay area are so much more expensive. And the piece she saw was on sale for 6.99/pound. Still alot man re than you guys

jarhead1979

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 10, 2015

I check Walmart every time I go there for brisket, because from time to time they have Choice mixed in with the Select for the same price.

I've never seen it above $3.00.

Al
A few weeks ago, WalMart here had a whole cooler case filled with prime briskets for $1.99/lb. I remember you telling me to "GO BUY THEM, NOW!!" LOL...

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.