Brisket points for mothers day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Fishonshawn

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 10, 2019
Decided this year a little cooking for my mom would be nice. Threw on a couple points (love that I found these at one of my local stores. So much better just doing points.) . Twice now my mom has asked what time dinner is lol. I told her you don't pick a time for brisket but I dont think she gets it... anyways here they are 9 hours later...probably another hour to go if I had to guess but we'll see what they probe tender at... also they look a little darker than the pic shows. Oh and no wrap. Last time I did 2 points my wife and I experimented and did one naked and one wrapped and both agreed the naked one was waaay better. Oh and one is just salt and pepper and one is chupacabra brisket magic.
20210509_143359.jpg

Last edited:
I also love the point, I mean flat is ok but the flavor is in the point.
You might think about trying "hot and fast", the bark is fantastic and the cook time is reduced quite a bit.
Cook at 350 for 4 to 6 hours for a point, you won't be disappointed.

I also love the point, I mean flat is ok but the flavor is in the point.
You might think about trying "hot and fast", the bark is fantastic and the cook time is reduced quite a bit.
Cook at 350 for 4 to 6 hours for a point, you won't be disappointed.
I'll give that a try next time. Thanks.

Looks great! I wish I could buy just the point! I agree on hot and fast, especially when doing just points. Plenty of fattiness there to handle the heat. I usually roll at 275 for a couple hours and then coast to to 300 or so.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky