Brisket Pizza .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
Had a brisket fail last weekend , so lookin for a way to use it up . Had some dough in the fridge . Thought I'd try a pizza .
Came out pretty good . Taste was like a cheese steak . The fermented dough makes a nice thin crisp crust . This was good , but would have been great with a softer / thicker crust . Here's what I did .
Dough out of fridge warming up a bit .
20200215_170324.jpg
Cut a few slices of brisket and chop it up
20200215_172108.jpg
Spread the dough after it relaxes
20200215_173913.jpg
No sauce , provolone cheese on the bottom .
20200215_174036.jpg
Cooked up some green pepper on sweet onions .
20200215_174243.jpg
Add some brisket
20200215_174430.jpg
I put some St. Louis pizza cheese on top . It's good stuff ,
but it tends to get dark .
I start this on the stove top . To heat the cast iron , and start the bottom cooking .
20200215_180240.jpg
Out of the oven .
20200215_182511.jpg

20200215_183926.jpg

20200215_184204.jpg
The thin crust is great for pepperoni or sausage . This was good like this , but softer would have been great .
Thinking I could have just cooked the dough thru on the stove top .
The grilled onions , peppers and the provolone would have been good by itself .
The brisket reminded me of bacon . Maybe it was the smokey flavor .
I did put some Sweet baby Ray's on one slice . Good , but I liked it better without .
I will make this again with a few tweaks , but it really tasted like a cheese steak .

Thanks for lookin .

Attachments

• 20200215_183916.jpg
    20200215_183916.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 18
I'd be all over that Rich, look delicious! I can never get thin crust, always kind of thick. I was reading on another thread the trick to getting a thin crust is to keep it in the fridge for a couple of days and knock it down after the first day. I like thick crust, someone on my team like thin, go figure. Like, RAY

Reactions: chopsaw
Looking good to me!

Love BBQ pizza, I usually do a blend of traditional pizza sauce with SBR--always turns out good no matter the BBQ meat!

Looks Fantastic to me!!
I know what you mean about the softer, thicker Pizza though.
Great Idea, and it sure looks Tasty!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

I'd be happy with that crust
Richie , I am . Comes out fantastic .

I've got a couple killer pizza dough recipes that are easy to make and produce pizzeria quality dough.

Give me a holler if you are interested.
Will do . I've been making this one for years , pretty happy with it .

Good use of the brisket!
Thanks Disco .

I was reading on another thread the trick to getting a thin crust is to keep it in the fridge for a couple of days
Ray , that dough was in the fridge for 5 days . I let rise and punch down one time . Then divide it up coat with olive oil bag it up and into the fridge . Makes great pizza . If I want the crust thicker I use it the same day , no ferment .

Looking good to me!
Thanks Tander

Looks good Chop! Tasty save!
Thanks , it was good .
Looks good! Nice way to use up that brisket.
Thanks . Only 12 pounds to go .

Looks Fantastic to me!!
I know what you mean about the softer, thicker Pizza though.
Thanks Bear . I love thin crust pizza . Just thinking with the cheese steak type toppings thicker would be pretty good .

Ha I would eat that for you anytime I'm a thin crust type guy.
Nice use of the brisket.
Me too Warren . Thanks for the comment .

Great looking pie and a great way to use up the brisket... LIKE!
Thanks bud !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky