Brisket Pastrami

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crippledcracker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 3, 2016
Mount Pleasant SC
20190122_115054.jpg
20190124_102148.jpg
20190124_102152.jpg
First, I want to thank Smokin Al for the recipe. Cured this little guy for 11 days, washed off, coated with pepper and smoked for a few hours around 180ish. I bought myself a little sous vide machine so I decided to try it out. After the initial smoke, I vacuum sealed and sous vide for 36 hrs at 160. Cooled then sliced. Next time, I'll take more pics. Thanks again for the recipe Al.

Reactions: SmokinAl and dcecil
Wow, that looks really good. We love pastrami here at the Brazzerie. I am in awe of your knife slicing skills. I need the electric slicer to get slices that thin and uniform.

Nice job on the pastrami!
It looks delicious!
I have a full packer in a UMAi bag that I'm going to dry age for 45 days, then make pastrami with it!
I'm also thinking of running it thru the grinder & making pastrami brats with it. May end up just smoking it, don't know, but I have plenty of time to decide.
Anyhow you did a really good job with that brisket!!
Al

Wow, that looks really good. We love pastrami here at the Brazzerie. I am in awe of your knife slicing skills. I need the electric slicer to get slices that thin and uniform.
Pretty sur
Thanks Braz!

Nice job on the pastrami!
It looks delicious!
I have a full packer in a UMAi bag that I'm going to dry age for 45 days, then make pastrami with it!
I'm also thinking of running it thru the grinder & making pastrami brats with it. May end up just smoking it, don't know, but I have plenty of time to decide.
Anyhow you did a really good job with that brisket!!
Al
Thanks Al. I followed your recipe for the seasonings and it worked out really well. I planned on freezing some for another day, but it didn't last very long. Those pastrami brats sound good!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky