Brisket issues

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lilandysbbq

Original poster
Nov 28, 2020
I started a 18lb brisket last night around 10, and was running at 240-250 I dozed off around 11:45 I woke up around 3 and realized the fire had died down to basically nothing my pit was at 76 and the internal temp was at 92 on the brisket. I fired it back as soon as I could, did I get it in time?

Any idea how long it was at low temps? Im not a expert. I'm sure others will weigh in here soon.
Jim

If your brisket is intact ( no injection or cuts to the surface ) the inside is sterile . Your smoker was at a high enough temp to kill of the bad stuff that was on the outside .
40 to 140 / 4 hours or not .
Enjoy that brisket .

:emoji_arrow_up::emoji_arrow_up::emoji_arrow_up: This! :emoji_arrow_up::emoji_arrow_up::emoji_arrow_up:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky