Brisket in pan or on rack?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hardly, I'm just crazy enough to try any thing and personally don't see why people say Brisket is so challenging. I find perfect ribs to be a challenge. As long as the brisket is trimmed properly, it sure doesn't seem to difficult!
Good to know. Speaking of ribs. Just put mine in. 3 hours smoke 1 hour in foil with homemade bbq sauce? How’s that sound.

Also. Is there such a thing as overcooking your brisket? It’s been in foil for a few hours now. But it’s sitting at 190 and I’m planning on letting it rest for 2 full hours.

Good to know. Speaking of ribs. Just put mine in. 3 hours smoke 1 hour in foil with homemade bbq sauce? How’s that sound.

Also. Is there such a thing as overcooking your brisket? It’s been in foil for a few hours now. But it’s sitting at 190 and I’m planning on letting it rest for 2 full hours.
You'd need to really try to overcook a Brisket I'd think. As for Ribs? I just follow 3-2-1 at 240f. As long as they reach a safe temp, they're good to eat..

Brisket is full of fat and collagen, it'll be fine. Personally I only rest stuff a half hour or so. Then it's time to eat it because no one likes to wait!

You'd need to really try to overcook a Brisket I'd think. As for Ribs? I just follow 3-2-1 at 240f. As long as they reach a safe temp, they're good to eat..

Brisket is full of fat and collagen, it'll be fine. Personally I only rest stuff a half hour or so. Then it's time to eat it because no one likes to wait!
I definitely appreciate all the tips! Last time I did ribs, I did 3 hours of smoke and 1 hour in sweet baby rays (cheating I know) and they were the best ribs I’ve ever had! I’ll give that a shot and next time I’ll do the 3-2-1.

I definitely appreciate all the tips! Last time I did ribs, I did 3 hours of smoke and 1 hour in sweet baby rays (cheating I know) and they were the best ribs I’ve ever had! I’ll give that a shot and next time I’ll do the 3-2-1.
I actually kept the foil juices from last time to reuse, I hope they'll be more concentrated now and have a better effect, but get them pics up when ya pull the brisket lol

I actually kept the foil juices from last time to reuse, I hope they'll be more concentrated now and have a better effect, but get them pics up when ya pull the brisket lol
Haha I will! When I wrapped it in foil it had such a beautiful crust on it. I wanted to eat it right there haha.

Did you drop the ball on the pics?!
I sure did lol! Turned out great! Only thing I’d change is getting a piece of meat that was consistent in its thickness. The thinner parts were a little bit dry but still delicious. The bark was beautifullll haha

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky