• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Brisket - holding the juicy

bensonssmoke

Joined Sep 6, 2016
I am really trying to understand how these renowned restaurants (Franklin BBQ is my first example) pull their Brisket at 2 am and serve it at noon - and it is so hot and juicy???
Do they wrap in plastic and hold in a warming oven? In foil? Not sure why it is so important to me, but I feel if I understand this I will be better at producing a better brisket.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
First, I think none of their meats are frozen...  Freezing ruptures the cells of the meat causing some drying out during cooking etc...   after that, I know nothing....

cksteele

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 11, 2016
franklins  is all about moisture after 5 hours hes always  spritzing the  meat  then he wraps it in butcher paper   then after  when they come off at 1 or 2  am   they let them rest on cooling racks  for hours   then when they get to an internal temp of  around 140-150  they put them in food warmers  so the meats been resting for 8-9  hours  before they cut  it 

bigbearsmoke

Joined Nov 2, 2014
Franklin's and LA Barbecue utilize Alto Shaams. Some places use CVAPS. Regarding the spritzing, though it helps with moisture, I believe it's used more as a means to build the bark. The spritz along with the heavy air flow of his convection style designed cookers is what builds up that amazing bark.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.