Brisket help!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

montes

Original poster
Sep 30, 2013
Hi everyone!

Just a bit stuck at the moment. All prepared to do my first brisket tomorrow and guess what. Can't find brisket!!
Can I use rump/serloin instead? Please at yes. Haha
Thanks.
Jason

Next closest is actually going to be a chuck roast. Both brisket and chuck roast are cooked to a full 190°+ internal temp to break down connective tissue and make it melt in your mouth tender. Leaner roasts (like the rump and sirloin) only cook till med. rare'ish, then slice thin for serving.

Main difference between the brisket and chuck roast cook is the time. A brisket is generally a 15+ hr. cook, but a chuck roast is closer to 6 hrs.

Ty mate
Ok.. So any tips on how to approach and complete this smoke up?. I've marinated the rump in a garlic and onion rub.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky