Brisket EXTREMELY Hot-n-Fast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Been awhile, howdy folks!

Doing yet another EXTREMELY Hot-n-Fast Brisket.
2.5 hours of mixed Hickory and Mesquite smoke at 275°-300°.
Then kicking the temp up to 375°-400°.
Once the IT hits 165° it'll be wrapped in paper, back into the 375°-400° and finished till probe tender.
Bought a Costco prime packer, 21.69lbs, trimmed it weighed approx 17lbs.
Rubbed with coarse Kosher salt, freshly cracked peppercorns and granulated garlic/onion.
Wrapped overnight to let the salt brine into the meat a bit.
Untrimmed
NFAhiDx.jpg

Trimmed and Rubbed

sJZT8HI.jpg

2.5 hours in, flipped and raised the temp to 375°-400°

RKxYoxE.jpg

Stand by brisket fans

That’s awesome Chile. What’s hiding under that brisket on the frog mat getting basted from brisket juice?

I just went and looked back at Chile's previous Hot & Fast post for brisket, bookmarked, awesome! I haven't done one on my stick-burner due to not wanting to have to stay awake for 18-20 hours to tend the fire, too old for that now. This will change everything in a big way, go Chile! RAY

Reactions: chilerelleno
Glad to see you posting Chile!! Watching this one. Overall I am a fan of hot and fast for most things now. I rarely smoke at less than 300F unless I am hot smoking bacon or trying to lay the smoke to medium rare beef for lunch meat.

I'm into higher temp smoking now, you can start a 10lb chunk of meat first thing in the morning, and it's rested by dinnertime :emoji_crown:

I'm watching! To keep the right kind of smoke I have to run mine at 275 at least. It's always worked for me. Glad to see someone else isn't afraid of the higher cooking temps...

Reactions: chilerelleno
It's done, wrapped in a towel and resting on the counter till dinner.
I got sidetracked and let the IT get to 208°, needless to say it was probe tender, it feels like jello.
It'll get a good 2hr rest as the ladies have dinner scheduled for 5pm.

More to come, stay tuned for the unwrapping, slicing and of course... The money shots.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky