Brisket burgers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrad

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 27, 2012
Princeton, MN
E33926CA-4CF2-4CE7-AB26-F81A1B424974.jpeg
B54414F0-66D4-4FB2-8EFD-4558182B1E6E.jpeg
I had made about a dozen 1/2lb brisket burgers for the fourth. They were such a hit, that I had torn home and grab another packet I had In the fridge and brought it back out to the camp grounds. We ground up 13 pound packer and made about 40 burger patties

I don’t know if I’ll ever use regular hamburger again. One thing I noticed the first night, was that these can be cooked to a much higher temperature and still be juicy. When I check the temp the first night with my Thermo pen inside of the temps internally were 165+ I was worried I overcook them. They were still as juicy as could be

Attachments

• A222A0C0-00E1-4D12-964E-988C2E084A16.jpeg
    A222A0C0-00E1-4D12-964E-988C2E084A16.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 13
Looks great!
I need to make some brisket burgers.
Did you grind up the flat and point together? How much trimming did you do on the briaket.?

It was a prime packer from Costco
I ground the flat and point and used all the fat on the brisket.

I tried to trim some of the fat then cubed it and intermittently mixed it in. I also added high temp pepper jack cheese

Reactions: joedube70
Man, those look great. Brisket burgers are our favorite. We do trim some fat and try to get to around 80/20. Even when I'm smoking whole packers, I always save the trimmings for burgers - the thin part of the flat which always just burns up if you smoke it is a great section to trim off and save for burger.

The griddle wasn’t mine, but I think I will be purchasing one soon. Extremely convienent and no grease mess in the house

Was it a blackstone? Those are the ones I’ve been looking at lately. Love my gas grill for burgers but would love the versatility of things you can cook on the griddle...burgers included. Think my wife might kill me if I bring home another outdoor cooking device though haha

I do this on the regular. My wife LOVES both smoked brisket and blackstone brisket burgers. So When I buy one there's always a moment that SHE decides how it will be eaten. I love making both so it doesn't matter to me. LOL!

Looks like you knocked it out of the park.

Last edited:
View attachment 369820 View attachment 369819 I had made about a dozen 1/2lb brisket burgers for the fourth. They were such a hit, that I had torn home and grab another packet I had In the fridge and brought it back out to the camp grounds. We ground up 13 pound packer and made about 40 burger patties

I don’t know if I’ll ever use regular hamburger again. One thing I noticed the first night, was that these can be cooked to a much higher temperature and still be juicy. When I check the temp the first night with my Thermo pen inside of the temps internally were 165+ I was worried I overcook them. They were still as juicy as could be
Beautiful burgers, Bro! Big Point!

I totally agree with you.
I will never eat any burger that is not ground brisket.
You try it once & you are hooked.
I even keep it in 1 lb. packages for any recipe that calls for ground beef.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky