Brisket Bacon question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phillipleondria

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
I was over at deejays page reading up on making Beef bacon, and noticed something her recipe is corned beef brisket then when it is smoked its brisket bacon, so my question is, could I buy corned beef brisket already brined from wally world or else where smoke it and have easy peasy brisket bacon? or am i missing something that sounds way to simple for some reason.

Good question. IMO, bacon and corned beef would both be cured beef, but the difference would be the spiced brine the corned beef was cured in would be a lot different then bacon. but if you want a spiced bacon , go for it and let us know how it tastes!
Also the store bought corned beef will probably have added water with phosphates, so it might not dry out like you'd want.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky