Brisket and burnt ends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CheapSmoker

Fire Starter
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 10, 2011
Mokena, il
Hey guys, been a while since I posted. Had a couple kids and haven't had time to do any long bbqs. Decided to finally face off with my arch nemesis. (Bright idea to smoke a brisket for my first ever smoke and I screwed it up bad)
Cooking in my 9 year old masterbuilt XL propane smoker @260-70. Pulled at 195 for the flat and tossed in the cooler. Put the point in until like 202 and cubed up, sauced and tossed back in for another 15min. Ended up being about 11hrs
IMG_20200916_051958.jpg IMG_20200916_133905.jpg IMG_20200916_133930.jpg IMG_20200916_161747.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those burnt ends look delicious! The kids will slow things down thats for sure. Mine love to be in the kitchen helping. Its good quality time with dad!

How did you screw up? They look good. I'm going to assume that you had something strong in the coke. 😂
Ha that was at 5am it was cold brew coffee. 9 years ago when I got my smoker I did the brisket and I was choking off the vent pretty far and I jacked it up with creosote. It was inedible. From there I found this site and started with some fatties haha

Those burnt ends look delicious! The kids will slow things down thats for sure. Mine love to be in the kitchen helping. Its good quality time with dad!
My son is all about cooking, which I cook nearly every night after work, but he's only 3 and half. Now that I BBQ'd a couple nights im back addicted. Just picked up 8 slabs of baby backs for 2.88/lb so looking forward to doing some of those soon.

Reactions: Sowsage
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky