Brinkmann Cimarron Mods.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

john c

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
The Big Smoke ,Toronto
I first took temp readings with the smoker out of the box.
I was only cooking, not smoking and got lid gauge up to 405 F.
Meat level temp was 340 F with seperate probe. The two temps never got closer than 50F throughout the heat up.
I then had the custom chimmney extension made up (see pics).
I got the temp up to 270 F and the meat level was 255 F. Throughout the range the temps only varied 10 to 15 degrees, alot better then 65 degrees as before.
The extension I made only takes a 3 1/2" circle of area away from the smoking surface. The elbow is easily removed and is attached with a split tin soup can.
I made a painful discovery with the Cimarron, the handle to the firebox dampner gets really HOT. I drilled out a small wood chunk and slipped it over the handle, way cooler!
I hope this helps out fellow Cimarron owners.
John C.
redface.gif

e2459886_vbattach15468.jpg

ad347610_vbattach15469.jpg

6a14c1df_vbattach15470.jpg

1f1df5df_vbattach15467.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky