Brinkman Smoke n grill problems

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My local Steel supply wanted 426.00 for a sheet, the local hardware store/homedepot lowes all have 18 gauge, which is way too light. I will try a metal or welding shop. Thanks Guys

Nice, I like that mod! Nice job. Not sure that I've even seen a steel bushel basket around here, but i will check my local true value! Thanks for sharing,even though it is an old topic! 

I put a vent on top and used a threaded pipe for the probe wires to go into the smoker. It has nuts on t he inside and out. That was from the lamp repair section of the hardware store. Also I used a rope gasket from a fireplace n stove shop with RTV sealant around the lid to close that big gap.

I'm at 227° now on the grate. It's been 9 hours into this brisket smoke. I jiggled the coal pan after 8 hours just to shake out some ash. It's still going.. dampers are just cracked. Not much wind and it's 75 outside. I'm happy with these mods.. Maybe could use a Party Q to help with air flow. But they cost 3x more than what I have into this ECB.

Oh.. and I coated pennies with heat proof RTV and stuck those over the 6 holes where the leg bolts went. [emoji]128512[/emoji] it worked! The pennies plugged the holes up nice.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky