Brining Method

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mando

Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Looking ahead to get ready for St. Patrickâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s day, I was looking for a good brine for corned beef. I found a recipe that had a curious method of checking the salinity of the brine. It sounded like a solid method and I was wondering if 1) anyone has used this method before and 2) if this would be a good method to use for just about every brine out there.

The method goes as follows: mix water with salt until a raw egg floats, then mix in all your other ingredients.

What do you think?

Thanks

Alex

Well I will be damned.......... Learned something new yet again....... Thats why I love this site.......... Always learning a new tricks........

Kookie

only 3 days? Didn't he mean 3 weeks? I have some corned beef curing now for pastrami.

I heard about the egg thing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky