Brined Ribs with Sweet Cherry Soya Glaze ( Pic heavy of coarse )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Some great looking ribs David, nice piece of work! I've never put Cure #1 into a rack of spares, can't see a reason to want them to taste like ham. Cured turkey legs that came out with a ham taste, now the only thing I want to taste like ham is ham. RAY

Reactions: DRKsmoking
You are welcome buddy. I forgot to leave my comment though I just realized. Thise look amazing! Asian ribs are on my list of things to do. I've never seen it done with the cure and the glaze though. That looks like a really cool spin on them. I've gotta try it!
No problem about the leaving a comment. , I've done that also.
As for the cure , I have done this a few times . Dry and now wet. I just like the difference every once in awhile.
Look up bacon on a stick. many have done it. disco disco , Bearcarver Bearcarver and so on
here is my first attempt

Thanks

David

Some great looking ribs David, nice piece of work! I've never put Cure #1 into a rack of spares, can't see a reason to want them to taste like ham. Cured turkey legs that came out with a ham taste, now the only thing I want to taste like ham is ham. RAY

Thanks Ray for the like and the comment

It was a good meal , with a nice simple dessert

As for the cured ribs, I really like the change it does to the meat. But yes I like just reg. ribs also.
I did it with a dry cure , and said I wanted to do the wet brine just to see for myself how it turns out , because as you know . There are lots of this way is best from people here :emoji_sunglasses:, so it is good to see for yourself.
And now I know both ways are good

I have not done the Turkey legs yet, cant find any worth while doing around here yet. Have done lots of chicken drums, and they are good also. :emoji_thumbsup:

David

Here this might be easier Sven Sven Svensson Sven Svensson
is the recipe for the Cherry Rhubarb jam. And I just thinned one of my small bottles out with soya sauce to make the glaze.
Of coarse I changed the recipe to my liking as I hade lots of cherries for the tree last year.

David
DSC_5267.JPG

When I made the first batch it says stir until thick. Well I did and I thought it was nice and thick. When it set it became much thicker. So that batch I used for glazes , Mona used it in cake and in turnovers

Late to the party but those look fantastic David! Color is off the charts and I'm sure the flavor was too. Great plate of food !

Keith

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Late to the party but those look fantastic David! Color is off the charts and I'm sure the flavor was too. Great plate of food !

Keith

Thanks Keith for the like and the comment

It was very good and the Cherry and Rhubarb Jam glaze gave it that great colour and taste

David

Reactions: 912smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky