1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Brined & Cured Wings

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by Scott Eisenbraun, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Scott Eisenbraun

Scott Eisenbraun Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

For something new, I am going to use Pops Brine with cure #1 for a batch of smoked chicken wings. I plan on low temp smoke at the beginning and then blast at 400 degrees to crisp up skin.

What sauce would you guys suggest that will go well with the hammy flavor?

2. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Franks buffalo wing sauce & melted butter.
    Al

3. Scott Eisenbraun

That's always been my favorite wing sauce. Thought maybe something a little sweeter with salty cure.

4. chopsaw

chopsaw Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

I've done this many times , and didn't think it needed any sauce . The salty sweet was in the wing , but I have mixed up the Franks with butter , then added yellow mustard and maple syrup .

Scott Eisenbraun likes this.
  5. Scott Eisenbraun

That would work for sure!

6. chopsaw

chopsaw Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

These were done in Pop's brine , 1/2 cup pickling salt , 1/2 cup brown , 1/2 cup white sugar , 1 Tbls cure 1 per gallon water . Injected and soaked overnight , sometimes I go longer . So already on the sweet side . Come out pretty good .
    20180704_170814.jpg

Bearcarver likes this.
  7. Scott Eisenbraun

Gorgeous wings. They sure look plump and juicy. I wasn't planning of injecting, but maybe now I will.