Brine For Couple Roasters

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Mixing up some brine for couple roaster to smoke tomorrow.
The 4 Roses and creole i just eyed into the brine.
20220424_094333.jpg

20220424_135633.jpg

Roasters in there, the hold down plate keeps em from floating up.
Bucket placed in my igloo packed with ice around it.
20220424_140950.jpg

Your eating your chickens already? 😂.
Noooooo, still small.

I dont think im going to process them with the way things are in the world. Just for eggs. If they do hatch any eggs i will build a larger coop down in the lower property.

20220424_182829.jpg

Reactions: pc farmer
I think we have 2 so far.
Gotcha. Still a bit early to know for sure. Daughter learned how to sex them pretty well when we had them. No real reason to keep a rooster if they aren't going outside the enclosure unless you plan on incubating eggs. And if you decide to keep one I'd only keep one. Those competing roosters are hard on some hens if you know what I mean

Gotcha. Still a bit early to know for sure. Daughter learned how to sex them pretty well when we had them. No real reason to keep a rooster if they aren't going outside the enclosure unless you plan on incubating eggs. And if you decide to keep one I'd only keep one. Those competing roosters are hard on some hens if you know what I mean

When my mother was in her 60s, she got bored, so she got a part-time job sexing chicks at "Moyer's Chicken Hatchery" near Quakertown, PA.
That didn't last long, once she found out that the males she moved to a special chute, with a trash bag at the end. When the bag was full, they just twist the top of the bag closed tight. She said she has no problem with them doing that, but she wasn't going to be part of it, and still be able to sleep nights. She went back to making baseballs.

Bear

Got the roasters from the brine, rinsed off and put some dust on em.
20220425_121139.jpg

Tied and hooked ready for the smoker.
20220425_121145.jpg

20220425_121712.jpg

Got the chicken done.
Told daughter to get a pic of the meat after you take off bones.
She forgot.

20220425_173117.jpg

Reactions: pc farmer
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky