Brief Hiatus

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mcokevin

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2016
Orlando FL
Haven't been on SMF for a few months - didn't have a working smoker, holidays, and time flies! Got the smoker repaired today, and going to do wings tomorrow. Thankfully I had some PP in the freezer to hold me over and entertain my brother and his wife when they were in town last month.

Glad to be back with you all.

I should read titles better... I was wondering why you were taking a hiatus from beef lol!
So now I know... welcome back!

Ryan
Have no fear, there has been plenty of beef. If I ever take a beef hiatus you’ll know all hope for me is lost.

Glad to see you're back ! Now get busy and light a fire 🔥

Keith
Sir, yes sir!
A977B2A0-36FE-4430-A194-22E8813D3772.jpeg

Yes sir good looking wings and a nice way to start back !

Keith
Thanks! They turned out pretty good, sauce was "just ok" this time, but I also think I am my own worst critic. Thinking I am going to need to upgrade from the lazy store bought stuff.
Welcome back, don't be a stranger! Well, no more strange than you already are! RAY
An important qualifier! lol

Looking good and welcome back!
Jim
Thank you!

Welcome back to rolling that smoke.
Thanks - I saw some of your other posts when I was catching up. I lived in Miami for 10 years and still have family down there. I miss noche buena a lot. How did the 1050 do cooking the pork? I wonder if you could fit a small quartered pig in there in some configuration. I've seen them done in regular ovens before, so I bet you could.

Reactions: 912smoker
Thanks! They turned out pretty good, sauce was "just ok" this time, but I also think I am my own worst critic. Thinking I am going to need to upgrade from the lazy store bought stuff.

An important qualifier! lol

Thank you!

Thanks - I saw some of your other posts when I was catching up. I lived in Miami for 10 years and still have family down there. I miss noche buena a lot. How did the 1050 do cooking the pork? I wonder if you could fit a small quartered pig in there in some configuration. I've seen them done in regular ovens before, so I bet you could.
The Pernil came out grate. I did two 25lb legs and only used one for dinner. So I had tons of left overs to share with my neighbor and friends. I followed the Ingrid Hoffmann recepie. Very traditional Cuban flavor.

I think you can definitely fit a quartered pig between the three racks and especially if you get extended top and middle racks. The 1050 has the room. I fit the two legs on the middle shelf with ease. Everything shrinks while smoking, so you gain space as time goes on.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky