Bride's Salsa Recipe.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
After several attempts to come up with a salsa we like.... She hit on a pretty good one.....  I know she will adjust the recipe every time she makes it so..... this recipe is in effect for today only.....  I am surprised she wrote it down.....  I think this is a first for her....

I thought I would pass this on because it is tomato season......    Dave

Of course, adjusting to your preference in taste is allowed.... 

Dave 

Living in So Cal I have never made a canned salsa so this recipe was interesting to me - I was reading thru the recipe and I noticed her note that if it is too runny to add some tomato paste. Has she ever tried salting the tomatoes and letting them sit for a while to draw out the moisture? 

Also - have you ever played with chipotle powder in place of the chili powder? Brings a whole different flavor profile.

Thanks for sharing the recipe

Gary 

Dave 

Living in So Cal I have never made a canned salsa so this recipe was interesting to me - I was reading thru the recipe and I noticed her note that if it is too runny to add some tomato paste. Has she ever tried salting the tomatoes and letting them sit for a while to draw out the moisture? 

She does that with cabbage to make coleslaw.... I'll mention it..... and then "duck"..
lurk.gif

Also - have you ever played with chipotle powder in place of the chili powder? Brings a whole different flavor profile.

I think that would be good.......  I'll mention it ..... 

Thanks for sharing the recipe...  My pleasure.....

Gary 

I think that would be good.......  I'll mention it ..... 

Gary 
I mentioned the chipotle powder.... She said, "I have been using it since we started making our own"......

Just one more recipe that all the ingredients aren't listed correctly from a woman's recipe collection.....  

Why do they do that.....  

I knew there were secrets in HER kitchen I wasn't aware of.....

Last edited:
Sounds good to me. My Grandma was one to TELL you what the recipe was then DO something slightly different. I started volunteering to help then watching like a Hawk and writing stuff down rather than ask for the recipe...JJ

How do you think this would work in half pints? We're doing a bunch of half pints for Christmas presents to be included with pepper jelly and summer sausage. I have a salsa recipe I googled but I'd rather use one that I trust the author more.

How do you think this would work in half pints? We're doing a bunch of half pints for Christmas presents to be included with pepper jelly and summer sausage. I have a salsa recipe I googled but I'd rather use one that I trust the author more.
I think it would work fine for gifts.... for daily use, we would eat a pint no problem......  It sure beat the store bought stuff...  one note about the garlic, we use hard neck home grown... It has 5 times the flavor of california garlic sold in the stores and really give it a ZING.... fresh cilantro adds a dimension that is really good too....   Dave

Just wanted to bump this one up for those who are looking to make a great salsa,,,

It's that time again...  I just checked and I have two pints of the salsa sitting on the shelf; my tomato plants are starting to put out so it's Salsa Time...  

When I make Jeff's BBQ Sauce, I'll add a pint of 'The Brides Salsa' to the mix, boil it down and it ends up a sauce to be proud of..

Thanks again Dave...   

John  

You are welcome John...  Unique recipe you concocted..   salsa to BBQ sauce...  Sure sounds delicious.... Dave

I read the title of an article on how this year was bad on tomatoes...     didn't read the article...   guess I should have....  

It's a very good recipe... Great flavor... You can make it if you have time... Then she will have time to change the oil in the cars..... HAHAHAHAHAHA....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky