Breakfast Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bill ace 350

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Commissary had some ground pork on sale.

Picked up 5 pounds and mixed

8 Tbsp kosher salt, fine grain
8 Tbsp black pepper
8 Tbsp rubbed sage
1 Tbsp crushed red pepper
2 Tsp onion powder
2 Tsp garlic powder
2 Tsp anise seed
2 Tsp fennel

Put all in a spice mill and pulverized it.

Mixed 1 Tbsp with a pound of ground pork.

Just had a test patty.

Nice flavor.

Nice breakfast sausage.

Are you going to stuff it or just keep it as ground?

I initially thought the Whole batch of seasoning went in 5 pounds of meat. That's 5% Salt.😨 Read further and realized you had not lost it.😆 Sounds good...JJ

I initially thought the Whole batch of seasoning went in 5 pounds of meat. That's 5% Salt.😨 Read further and realized you had not lost it.😆 Sounds good...JJ
I think it turned out great for a shoot from the hip recipe.

Next time i might add some more pepper flakes.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Sounds real good, but we are hooked on the SausageMakers morning blend. It’s a real spicy breakfast sausage. I don’t bother to case it anymore, we just make patty’s.
Al

Reactions: chopsaw
Just a hint of the anise and fennel.
I ran out of breakfast one time . Added sage and red pepper to some bulk Italian I had . It was really good .
I like the onion powder . I bet that was a good add as well . Nice work on that .

I ran out of breakfast one time . Added sage and red pepper to some bulk Italian I had . It was really good .
I like the onion powder . I bet that was a good add as well . Nice work on that .
Thanks! Appreciate that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky