Breakfast Fit For a King

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I don't eat breakfast during the week. I try to fast at least 18 hours a day on week days. Come Saturday I ready! With all JC in GB JC in GB talk about hash browns decided to add this. i don't normally have them. Enough carb's in my sour dough.

I use 1 ounce dehydrated potatoes and add 1/3 cup hot water than let sit at least 15 minutes.

IMG_20230204_062701742.jpg

Time to get bacon going. I been using a bacon wave for many years now. They work very well. I do one minute per slice than 30 sec until how you like.

IMG_20230204_062656052_HDR.jpg

Now to get hash browns going. You don't want to cook to hot. I do about 300 degree's I use this Evo sprayer. It is the best olive oil sprayer!!! You now how when you put oil in a pan it just goes to the side. Well with this it coats the bottom perfectly. Great for all kinds of things.

IMG_20230204_063603888_HDR.jpg IMG_20230204_063606942_HDR.jpg

Potatoes in. Spray the top of potatoes. Give pan a good shake to coat bottom. I don't usually do this but decided to put some thin pats of butter on. Cook 5 minutes until looks brown them give them a flip.

IMG_20230204_063814422.jpg IMG_20230204_064411640.jpg

Cook another couple minutes. These where almost to crispy. I think it was adding the butter.

IMG_20230204_064528447.jpg

This how I do my eggs. Add butter to pan as heating up. Just before butter ready to turn brown add eggs. When they frying good I add a little water around the edges and cover than turn off heat. Stove stays hot as I have electric. When the tops turn they are done. Have couple pieces of my sourdough. I dont eat bread during the week so I keep in freezer than take out Friday. One loaf last me several weeks. I use a cheap meat slicer to slice. Sourdough very hard to get brown without burning the edges. The sugars in dough get ate up during the fermentation that help bread brown.

IMG_20230204_064917240.jpg

IMG_20230204_065216689.jpg IMG_20230204_065304458.jpg
IMG_20230204_065235926.jpg

Well there it is. Pretty quick breakfast and so good. Got to leave some of it for Gretchen

Last edited:
That looks good, Brian. My days start around 4:30-5:00 and breakfast usually consists of p-nut butter on toast because I don't have time to cook, but I sure do love runny eggs over toast or grits with bacon...:emoji_wink::emoji_thumbsup: Like a few others, I haven't had much success with hash browns even though I love them, too...

Reactions: JC in GB
Great meal any time of the day . I've seen eggs cooked that way , never tried it myself . They look great .

Eggcellent Breakfast Brian! Those eggs look great. Love them that way. Does that Bacon Wave get messy? Haven't seen that before. Great job.

Reactions: JC in GB
Great looking brekky Brian, inspirational! Gorgeous morning here, now I'm thinking of going out to the patio and firing up the BS flattop, got all the fixin's here! RAY

That's a great looking meal Brian. I do want to thank you for making me want to go back to the stove and ROYALLY screw up hash browns (again). HA! I swear it's a curse. Believe or not, a Waffle House just opened up within walking distance of my home. I'm going to let them handle it.

Reactions: MJB05615
Yes yes yes! Man that makes my gas station biscuit look mighty sad!

Jim
Thanks Jim
That looks good, Brian. My days start around 4:30-5:00 and breakfast usually consists of p-nut butter on toast because I don't have time to cook, but I sure do love runny eggs over toast or grits with bacon...:emoji_wink::emoji_thumbsup: Like a few others, I haven't had much success with hash browns even though I love them, too...
Thanks Charles
Nice brekky!
Thanks Steve
Nice feast.
A little nap on the couch later?
Thanks Richie. No went to river. Been stuck in house all week due to weather.
Great meal any time of the day . I've seen eggs cooked that way , never tried it myself . They look great .
Thanks Rich. That how my mom cooked them
BGSDT, Good looking breakfast and a different take on finishing offf the eggs!
Thanks Dave. That how my mom cooked them
Eggcellent Breakfast Brian! Those eggs look great. Love them that way. Does that Bacon Wave get messy? Haven't seen that before. Great job.
Thanks. That how my mom cooked them. I put paper towel under and over. Looks like they getting hard to find. I always keep a spare and just used it. They last 1 to 2 years.
Great looking brekky Brian, inspirational! Gorgeous morning here, now I'm thinking of going out to the patio and firing up the BS flattop, got all the fixin's here! RAY
Thanks Ray. Go for it.
Looks good Brian. That bacon wave is pretty cool. Might need to pick one up
Thanks. Looks like they getting hard to find. I always keep a spare and just used it. They last 1 to 2 years.
That's a great looking meal Brian. I do want to thank you for making me want to go back to the stove and ROYALLY screw up hash browns (again). HA! I swear it's a curse. Believe or not, a Waffle House just opened up within walking distance of my home. I'm going to let them handle it.
Thanks. They 30 minutes from me.

Where do you find your dehydrated hash browns? I'll buy them when I run across some but they are not very common around here. For me they work great. I've checked online but prices are painful.
And you're right. The EVO oil sprayer is excellent. We had a couple that sucked and luckily ran across one of the EVO ones about a year ago.
BTW those eggs look perfect. I've done similar but never though about adding a bit of water for some steam to set the tops quicker. Gonna have to try that.

Where do you find your dehydrated hash browns?
I think most stores have them by the instant potatoes. They come in a little box. There are several brands. Sam's has a huge box.

Attachments

• 410P0z+y6cL._PIbundle-8,TopRight,0,0_SX375SY500SH20_.jpg
    410P0z+y6cL._PIbundle-8,TopRight,0,0_SX375SY500SH20_.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky