Breakfast Fatty w/qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

silverwolf636

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 18, 2008
East Ohio, Uhrichsville, Ohio
Here's my second fatty ever. This attempt is a breakfast fatty with:
One pound Savory Sausage, fried potatoes, scrambled eggs, bell pepper, onion, mushrooms and colby-jack cheese. After I put all the ingredients on top, I looked at it and said "no way will that roll up". But it did. Here it is...

Fried potatoes with onion, bell pepper, mushrooms and little bit of cajun rub:

The eggs:

Sausage:

Bacon:

Everything all mounted:

Rolled up:

On the Smoker:

And this is what I woke up to; snow. Check out the tbs comin out of that stack, wild cherry.

I'll submit a pic when it's done...
--ray--

Man that looks fantastic. Love wild cherry wood too. It is a meal in a single slice. Now you just gotta get the wife tending the fire when it's cold...you can tell her that is where newbies should start!
icon_mrgreen.gif

points.gif
on a great looking fattie that made me hungry this morning.

i agree with the train driver so
points.gif
to ya on this show.
Wild cherry guess i will have to try and locate some of this stuff.

Man oh Man thats a good lookin fattie there Ray. I like the rolls that you have with the fillings. Very nice on the weave also. So
points.gif
have to be awarded for sure and I just wish I could get a fattie to look as well as yours did. I just noticed the smoke ring looks awesome too. Will you make me one for Christmas.

"WOW" now that's a full meal fattie ya got there!!!!
Great ingrediants and a dyn o mite smoke ring!!!!
Gotta give ya some well deserved points for this one....
points.gif

It was in for around two hours. I kept my temp 250, give or take a few degrees. I pulled right at 165.
Thanx for all the great replies gang. It was one that I will do again. I think what really topped it off was I did the fried potatoes with some cajun rub and when I put it in the smoker I sprinkled some (not a lot) sweet rub that I had on top of it. Really had a nice flavor.
Me and the wife decided to make a couple of these for when the kids come over for Christmas instead of the usual ham or turkey.
Nap time, I think I tried to eat it all myself.
--ray--

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Wow!! That looks really good. As a newbie that has yet to cook anything on my grill, I don't what to cook first. At first I thought it would be a brisket, or ribs, now after seeing your fattie, I would like to try one of them. Wife let me get my Christmas present early, a Chargriller Duo, but have only seasoned it so far. I'm presently working 6, 12hr nights, getting finished on Christmas eve morning. I think I'm looking forward to cooking something more than the Christmas Day events themselves.
smile.gif

Thank you. It was really good. Matter of fact I did this while the wife was sleeping, when I pulled it off the smoker and she saw it, she said it looked so good she didn't want to cut it. lol
Good luck on your first smoke. Once you start smoking things, you can't get enough of it. I found out though, it does take practice and a lot of trial and error. Good Luck.
And don't forget, if there's no q/view, it's just another fish story. lol
--ray--

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky