• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Braided Pork Loin

oddegan

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 27, 2017
Thank you @mneeley490 for this great idea! Saw your belly post and someone mentioned doing it with pork loin. I'm not the biggest fan of belly (except for you bacon, you will always be tops). But pork loin. Now you're talking. Test driving the idea for making it for the Festival Of Meat next Saturday.
IMG_20180714_174054786.jpg
IMG_20180714_180456888.jpg
IMG_20180714_184834374.jpg

I split the loin through the middle to make two and marinated in beer, salt, pepper, and minced fresh garlic. Slathered on some hoisin and grilled till 140. Awesome! This will definitely make the cut this year.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Very nice!
We eat a lot of pork loin around here!
Will have to give that a try!
Al

SmokinLogs

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 5, 2017
Looks fantastic. Almost too good to eat...

Naw, I’m just kidding, that couldn’t happen. Great job.

richorn

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 14, 2018
Quick stupid question!!! what is pork loin and how does it relate to pork tenderloin?

<---------- what? says newB right there!! :-0

oddegan

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 27, 2017
One of the meat cutters on here could do a better job of this but here goes. The tenderloin is located inside the abdomen in back. Not a muscle that gets used much so it is a very tender piece of meat. The loins are large tubular muscles that run along the spine of the critter. Not as tender. Nice and lean so they are easy to over cook. Tenderloins usually run about 1.5 pounds. Loins are usually sold in halves and are around 4 or 5 pounds. Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks