Bourbon Peach Pork Tenderloin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
So after seeing KimberlyO KimberlyO 's Apricot and Ginger Glazed Pork Tenderloin, I decided to do something similar. I had the tenderloins in the freezer and looked around to see what else I had. There was a jar of peach preserves in the cabinet and I had some bourbon, so here's some of the lineup...
20230417_134844[1].jpg

For the glaze...
  • 10oz. jar of peach preserves
  • ½ cup of chopped red onion
  • ½ stick unsalted butter
  • ⅔ cup of bourbon
  • 3-4 T spicy brown mustard
  • 1 t of red pepper flakes or to taste
Saute the onion in the butter. Then add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally. The alcohol will cook out...
20230417_155859[1].jpg

The tenderloins were trimmed and seasoned with coarse salt and cracked black pepper and grilled to an I.T. of about 130℉. Then I started glazing them...
20230417_135939[1].jpg

Pulled at about 150℉ and allowed to rest.
20230417_181609[1].jpg

Next up was braised cabbage...
  • 1 head of cabbage shredded
  • 1 cup of shredded carrots
  • 1 cup apple juice
  • ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
  • ½ onion diced
  • 2 T chopped ginger
  • 2 T red pepper flakes
  • ½ stick unsalted butter
20230417_140711[1].jpg

Saute the onion in the butter until soft. Add the cabbage and continue to saute until it starts to get soft. Add the rest of the ingredients, bring to a simmer, cover and cook for about 20 minutes. Remove lid and continue to cook until most of the liquid is gone...
20230417_161903[1].jpg

20230417_162630[1].jpg

20230417_171045[1].jpg

Roasted red potatoes with garlic were also on the menu. I quartered them, coated with EVOO, coarse salt and cracked black pepper, 3 cloves of chopped garlic, and a heavy dose of Italian seasoning...
20230417_161419[1].jpg

Into a 425℉ oven for about 30 minutes or until brown and crispy on the outside, turning them over a couple of times along the way...
20230417_182236[1].jpg

I reserved some of the glaze to brush on after slicing the tenderloin. Served with garlic bread, time to eat...after giving thanks...
20230418_180735[1].jpg

20230417_183442[1].jpg

I would've liked a little more char on the tenderloin, but was afraid of over cooking it and my wife and grands don't really like much "black" on their meat, anyway. I did not add any salt to the cabbage, but maybe a little would have been good.

Oh man that is a great looking meal. I'd not pass on a plate for sure.
And the pic of the granddaughter is precious. For sure one to print off and frame.

Jim

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
That all looks phenomenal Charles! Pics are great, especially the one of your granddaughter… that is one precious little gal!

Charles, LOVE the recipe! And the sides are a great compliment to the pork. Looks wonderfully delish!
Well thank you! I appreciate that...
KimberlyO KimberlyO thread got me thinking too. Got lots of goodies in the house to make a glaze just no pork!
Get at it, Norman. Don't know if you have a Food Lion store in your area, but around here, they have pork tenderloin on sale this week for $1.99/lb. I'm going to restock myself.
A fine lookin' cook Charles, nice work! RAY
Thank you, Ray!
Nicely rounded cook. It all looks very tasty. Great work.
It was good and enjoyed by all. Thank you for your compliments...

Oh man that is a great looking meal. I'd not pass on a plate for sure.
And the pic of the granddaughter is precious. For sure one to print off and frame.

Jim
Thanks Jim, I appreciate your compliments, especially about my "Sweetie Pie"...😍
That all looks phenomenal Charles! Pics are great, especially the one of your granddaughter… that is one precious little gal!
Thank you very much. My Sweetie Pie is something else for sure. She's 3 and the youngest of our grands, all girls. They've all got me right where they want me...:emoji_wink:

Most excellent looking meal Charles. I'm planning on doing tenders this weekend if mother nature plays nice. I hope they come out as good looking as yours did.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks and sounds terrific Charles. Very nice. Looks like I'm not the only one who KimberlyO KimberlyO got their attention with her thread. I'd have made that already but I'm in FL right now for the North FL gathering. When I get home though....

Robert

Most excellent looking meal Charles. I'm planning on doing tenders this weekend if mother nature plays nice. I hope they come out as good looking as yours did.

Point for sure
Chris
Get at it, Chris and let us know how it goes...:emoji_grinning:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky