Bourbon Bacon Chicken Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sqwib

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 25, 2007
Philadelphia
[h3]Bourbon Bacon Chicken[/h3]
75c790e8_20110626408.jpg

0a5741af_20110626404.jpg

33a6e37e_20110626420.jpg

• Thick Bacon Sliced in half
  • 3 Chicken Boneless breast cubed 3/4"- 1"
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1 Cup favorite rub
  • 1 Cup of Red Hot
  • 1 Cup of Sweet Baby Rays
  • 1 Cup of Bourbon whiskey.
  1. Cube Chicken to approximately 3/4"- 1" in size.
  2. In a Ziploc or Plastic container add the rub and cubed chicken shake to coat well.
  3. Remove chicken from container and wrap in Bacon, toothpick together
  4. Smoke at 240° - 250° until bacon is crispy about 2 hours.
  5. Place a hotel pan (steamer pan) on the smoker or firebox and add Butter, When the butter has melted add the Bourbon, Sweet Baby Rays and Franks red hot. I usually heat this up on the firebox on my stickburner.
  6. Thicken the sauce a bit then add the wrapped chicken into the pan coating liberally, continue to smoke until sauce has thickened and is sticking well to the outside.
These were a hit and were even better the following day when reheated, I think next time I make these for a party I'll make them in advance.

You can skewer these as well.

I made a batch of Bourbon Hot Wings with the above bites, just add extra red hot and cut back on the barbecue sauce..

79f32d0f_20110626400.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: kosmo and gregliana
Real tasty looking SQWIB!!!

Thanks!!

Craig

You are on a roll sqwib..... your smokes look great...... Nice bear-veiw too

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky