• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Boudin without cure #1,

Biggy1

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 5, 2019
I'm not sure how to store boudin after stuffing, I made 5#'s without cure and want to know after stuffing do I poach it for 10 minutes put in ice water and into the freezer?

indaswamp

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
I vac seal after stuffing, and poach when I warm it up to eat. The casing will tend to pop upon reheating if you poach first then freeze. This is because the boudin has so much moisture in it.

Biggy1

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 5, 2019
I vac seal after stuffing, and poach when I warm it up to eat. The casing will tend to pop upon reheating if you poach first then freeze. This is because the boudin has so much moisture in it.
Thank you Indaswamp I was wondering if I had to poach it because of the raw casings the ingredients are already cooked .

indaswamp

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
You do need to cook the casing before eating the boudin. 180* water for about 10 minutes...

Biggy1

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 5, 2019
You do need to cook the casing before eating the boudin. 180* water for about 10 minutes...
Thanks Indaswamp I'm trying to duplicate your recipe meat is cooked and put in a ziplock bag in the freezer to grind tomorrow is that okay ?

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.