Boudin Project

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks awesome. I'm in for a link or 2! I am going over to the neighbor's today to see if he has any casing I can pilfer off of him. Need to do this asap! So you would recommend the chicken livers then? I have a big pack of them in the freezer.

Looks great. 

I found a recipe on the internet for these, I've never made them before. Nor have I ever had Boudin.

It's not something I could ever find up north here.

Going to give the recipe a try this weekend.

Looks awesome. I'm in for a link or 2! I am going over to the neighbor's today to see if he has any casing I can pilfer off of him. Need to do this asap! So you would recommend the chicken livers then? I have a big pack of them in the freezer.
Yes the chicken livers blended in quite well.

Looks great. 

I found a recipe on the internet for these, I've never made them before. Nor have I ever had Boudin.

It's not something I could ever find up north here.

Going to give the recipe a try this weekend.
Which recipe will you be using? I have tried a few but Foamheart has the best ones as he is Cajun and all that.

waiting to see how your boudain turns out. Me and my family are full Cajuns. We live in East Texas now. I grew up on blood boudain. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole now days just because I know what it is. It is boudain that was prepared in the blood of the Hog. I will eat a stick of Boudain on a slice of White bread before I will a Steak. So get those pics posted and share that recipe. I want to try some Kentucky Boudain.

hockeyeurbaston.gif

Man all this talk of liver and fishing.  Some of the greatest memories were sitting at a lock and dam on the Red with livers pulling in big cats.  Now I live in SD where there are no rivers and no cats to feed liver.  I just started thinking about making some Boudin the other day since you can't get it anywhere around here.  May have to try Foams recipe.

Man all this talk of liver and fishing.  Some of the greatest memories were sitting at a lock and dam on the Red with livers pulling in big cats.  Now I live in SD where there are no rivers and no cats to feed liver.  I just started thinking about making some Boudin the other day since you can't get it anywhere around here.  May have to try Foams recipe.
Seriously the chicken liver substitute is hardly noticed, unless you are hard core old time coonazz! Man I started sausage and andouille this week, I forgot about boudin. Thanks for reminding me.

I need a stuffer.  Living on a student budget is hard to buy those fancy machines.  I have a grinder and am looking to improvise on a stuffer.  Got any ideas?  I work with the physics and engineering dept so I may be able to get some pieces of tubing etc.  I have been wanting to make some sausage and boudin for a while now.  Next week ill be smoking some salt and salmon.

Of in which foam.  I come from Vernon Parish (Ft. Polk) originally floated around to Sulphur/ Lake Charles, Lafayette, NOLA, and Natchitoches for a while before moving to SD.  I see you are a little further east than most of those.  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky