Boudin eating experts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

elginplowboy

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 21, 2013
Elgin Tx
To eat the casing or not? I think traditionally is no but I am curious what the popular answer is. Im fixing to make my first batch and want to tell folks before they try it.

Most Cajuns don't eat the casing, however, some do and I expect it has something to do with those who have cleaned intestines when butchering a hog.    
cool.gif

Depends on how you cook it.

If you poach the sausage then the casing has a tendency to be very tough and rubbery, so you kind of squeeze out the "filling".  If you broil or grill it, the casing gets a bit more crisp and has a bite through consistency.

I always eat it, but then I actually grill my Boudin.

I always end up making a minimum of 10 lbs at a time, stuffing 5 lbs, leaving the other half loose, and since I'm the only one in my house that eats it, I can make Boudin Balls, and even stuff a chicken with it and Tasso Ham.

Last edited:
I always eat it, but then I actually grill my Boudin.

I always end up making a minimum of 10 lbs at a time, stuffing 5 lbs, leaving the other half loose, and since I'm the only one in my house that eats it, I can make Boudin Balls, and even stuff a chicken with it and Tasso Ham.

Chicken stuffed with boudin and Tasso sounds fantastic.

It’s rare to encounter anyone who would admit to eating morning meat all by its lonesome. Bacon  needs, at the very least, a side of toastHam’s  partnership with the almighty biscuit is accepted as gospel. Even lox doesn’t really fly without the help of a bagel. But when it comes to boudin—the beloved, signature sausage  of the Acadiana region in South Louisiana—most eaters lose the biscuit  and forget the eggs. Boudin  is a strong, independent sausage that doesn’t need any propping up. It’s a breakfast meat  that stands out and stands alone.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky