BOO-YA! Butts on sale-time to make andouille!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Andouille finished up around 6pm.
IMG_20181104_181002.jpg

Very close to the color I'm shooting for. We'll see how dark they get after blooming.
Cross cut and bloom pic. tomorrow, they are blooming now then I'll put them in the fridge. good night, long day.

Reactions: crazymoon
It was a one day sale @ Ralph's Grocery. They do a big one day sale every 3 months. Keep an eye out though because other grocers in the area will start sales on butts this time of year. I regularly find them anywhere from $0.89~$1.19/lb.

But if you want to buy a large quantity, you can get them by the case from Choctaw Provisions in Baton Rouge. They also sell a 75# box of miscuts for $0.50~0.65/lb. which is great for sausage if you are going to grind it 1/4" or smaller.

I saw that sale and missed it. Damn work! I may call Choctaw tomorrow. I was at Rouses the other day and the 2 pack was at $1.89. I hate spending that when I know it goes on sale so often. Yeah Im cheap.

Great thanks. Im planning on 6'x3'x6'. Go big or go home. We will see how it goes. Actually the main reason Im going so big is the smokehouse will be replacing a chicken coop that I no longer need. It is 6' wide and will leave a 6' hole in the fence when I take it down. Hate to have to replace a small 2-3' section of chain link.

Keeping the wild hog train rolling...
Got my cousin and some of his firefighter buddies that got invited up to a private lease in mississippi that is over run with wild hogs. They will be shooting AR's and killing as many as they can. Hogs are coming out regular to feeders last hour of daylight. I told my cousin to keep all he feels like cleaning and keep all the 60~100lb. sows if he can. I'll be making a lot of sausage with the meat soon.....

No luck on the hogs. Hogs did not show up at dusk. The hogs started feeding late into the night and being a school night, my cousin had to bring his son home early before the hogs showed.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky