Boneless Turkey Breast Smoke Time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JustMax87

Original poster
Sep 15, 2017
Smoking two 5lb turkey breasts this weekend. I've only smoked full birds with the bones and everything and I've figured out the timing on that. I've never smoked boneless breasts. How much time per pound should I give a boneless turkey breast? My gut tells me 20-30 min per pound to get to an internal temp of 165.

Thanks!

Are they pre injected? I did one the other day. It had a long stall. took about 4 hours. If it is in netting the netting was difficult to remove after the smoke

yeah ya should be close at 20-30 a min. just use a thermometer when your getting close so you don't over do it

The last few I have done we loved. I’d recommend injecting it with some flavor to help maintain juiciness as well. Can be as simple as chicken broth. I inject mine with a mix of chicken broth that I mix my sweet heat rub in. Alternatively the Tony Chachere preMade injections are good too. Try the jalapeño creole butter one.

I would check temp with a good thermometer. Usually when i do mine i do them at 225 probably closer to 20 min per lb. I also usually pull mine around 150° IT wrap in foil and towls and into a cooler to rest. Thats going to get you to a safe IT without drying it out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky