Boneless Turkey Breast. (Ninja)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Boneless Turkey Breast. (Ninja)

I had to try one of these in my Ninja Smart Grill, so now is the time.
I didn’t take as many notes on this one as usual, so I’ll do the best I can.
I coated it lightly with Olive Oil, and then CBP, Onion Powder, and Garlic Powder.
I’ll just say that I used 325° in the bottom Baking Pan, set on Air Crisp, and I’ll be taking it to 170° IT.
I checked it every 15 minutes & rolled it a quarter turn, until pulling it @ 165° to carry-over to 170°.

It was very Tasty & Juicy, and the only problem I had was getting it out of the Mesh Bag.
I always have that problem:
The first time I had a terrible time getting it out of the bag. The String gets inside the meat & you gotta tear it up to get it out.
So the next time I took it out of the bag before cooking it, and it fell apart really bad, so I tied it back up with a few of my own strings.
Ever since that I just cook it, and then fight with it when it comes time to get it out of the bag.
This one was as bad if not the worst for being stuck. I had to rip little pieces of meat off with the strings.

That’s about it, except for the info I will give you in the captions above each Picture Below.

Thanks for Looking,

Bear

Boneless Turkey Breast seasoned & ready to go:
IMG_7251.jpeg

Shortly after start-up, in the Ninja:
IMG_7252.jpeg

Ready to remove from Ninja: NOTE: The Strings are mostly inside the surface of the Meat:
IMG_7253.jpeg

Sliced Turkey:
IMG_7254.jpeg

Bear's first Supper:
IMG_7257.jpeg

Close-up of Same:
IMG_7256.jpeg

Slices: NOTE: The pile at the bottom of the plate was some of what I had to fight the strings for:
IMG_7255.jpeg

Second Night Sammy with Horseradish Sauce & some Dill Pickle Relish:
IMG_7258.jpeg

Jeff's BBQ Sauce:
IMG_7259.jpeg

Horseradish Sauce with Jeff's BBQ Sauce:
IMG_7260.jpeg

Add The Turkey & Cheese:
IMG_7261.jpeg

Bear's Third Night's Supper, with Pickled Red Beets on the side:
IMG_7263.jpeg

Damn John the multiple plates look great! I hate those damned nets. Have had that problem a couple times myself. You have one of those old Ronco rotisserie units don't you? Bet it would be amazing cooked in that thing! Anyhoo I would be all over any of it. Like!

That turkey breast looks great Bear. That Ninja cooker does a great job. I'm glad you share your cooks and plates with us, I sure enjoy it.

Does a good job on those too . Good to know .
I use a lot of netting , and on poultry without skin it's a fight .
Nice looking meals and another use for the Ninja .

looks like some fine looking meals bear, be sure to wear safety goggles when pulling them strings off or ya might knock your eye out with some flying bird.

Damn John the multiple plates look great! I hate those damned nets. Have had that problem a couple times myself. You have one of those old Ronco rotisserie units don't you? Bet it would be amazing cooked in that thing! Anyhoo I would be all over any of it. Like!

Thank You John!!
Yup, I did one of these in my "Showtime Rotisserie" awhile back---Came out Great, but still had the "String Problem".
Here's that one----boneless-turkey-breast-on-my-old-toy.305850
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That turkey breast looks great Bear. That Ninja cooker does a great job. I'm glad you share your cooks and plates with us, I sure enjoy it.

Thank You Colin!!!
That's Very Nice of you to say!!
Appreciate it.

Bear

That Turkey looks great John. Those meals look delicious too. You found another great meal to make on that Ninja. Aside from the string problem, you got it dialed in perfectly. Great job.

Does a good job on those too . Good to know .
I use a lot of netting , and on poultry without skin it's a fight .
Nice looking meals and another use for the Ninja .

Thank You Rich!!
I'm gonna start removing the net before cooking, even if it falls apart.
I'll pile it up, or separate the pieces if I have to.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks delicious John. I smoke them for friends all the time and hit em with the meat slicer for thin turkey. I'm convinced those nets were created by the devil himself!

Reactions: MJB05615
looks like some fine looking meals bear, be sure to wear safety goggles when pulling them strings off or ya might knock your eye out with some flying bird.

Thank You Jim!!
Although that's not funny---That Turkey Looked & Smelled so good, I was ripping those strings out in a hurry. It could have been dangerous in that area!!! Mrs Bear was hiding behind the Fridge!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Really nice John. Those Nets are a PITA. To reduce Sticking, Pull the net away from the meat so it is not embed. Spray the Net and Meat with PAM or other. Repeat until the whole net is oiled. Season the meat and proceed. Not a 100% fix but reduces the Cussing!😇 ...JJ

That Turkey looks great John. Those meals look delicious too. You found another great meal to make on that Ninja. Aside from the string problem, you got it dialed in perfectly. Great job.

Thank You Mike!!
I never used to be much on Turkey or Chicken, but this Ninja changed that.
And I love a moist White Meat Turkey Sammy, after I run out of Dark Meat.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks delicious John. I smoke them for friends all the time and hit em with the meat slicer for thin turkey. I'm convinced those nets were created by the devil himself!

Thank You Jake!!
That's a Great way of putting it !!
Appreciate the Comment!

Bear

Nice turkey roast, And as always a few good meals off of 1 cook
Way to go John, thats like trying to get a prickly Perch or Bass of of your dip net there John, lol

David

Thank You David!!
LOL---A snake in your Push Minnow net is scarier!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky