Boetje's mustard

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

magnus89

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
davenport Iowa
this is mustard that i grew up on that is made in my hometown. i have tried so many mustards out there and nothing comes close. anyone else tried it before? not sure if i posted in right place but just wanted to share.

Attachments

• 20180713_223501.jpg
    20180713_223501.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: uncle eddie
No. but since I started making my own nothing else compares. So I know what you mean. Its so easy too!

this is mustard that i grew up on that is made in my hometown. i have tried so many mustards out there and nothing comes close. anyone else tried it before? not sure if i posted in right place but just wanted to share.

It looks like a stone-ground mustard...is it close to that?

Love mustards!
browneyesvictim browneyesvictim - could you share the recipe?

Sorry for the REALLY late reply... I've been on hiatus...
There are several mustards that I like to make. Sometimes fresh yellow mustard and sometimes a deli/stoneground type like posted above. I use it a lot for making Carolina BBQ sauce and honey mustard especially. A lot depends on how long you run it in the food processer/blender to get the consistency you want and the type of mustard seeds you use. The web is full of recipes. I started with Emerl Lagasses.

INGREDIENTS"
  • 3 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons brown mustard seeds
  • 1/3 cup drinking-quality white wine
  • 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1 shallot, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
  • 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder (optional)
DIRECTIONS
  • In a blender, place yellow and brown mustard seeds, wine, vinegar, shallot, salt, and pepper and process until mustard has obtained desired texture and thickness (it is equally delicious whether you leave it chunky or smooth). For a thicker texture, add mustard powder. Store in an airtight, nonreactive container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky