Bodacious Bones Throw-down

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Well folks it's time for another throw-down, and this one has the potential to be the mother of all throw-downs. With the two well known BBQ holidays fast approaching. The committee decided to span both Memorial day and the 4th of July in this throw-down. So there is plenty of time for you to get your entries ready.

...and the theme for this throw-down is(drum roll please) RIBS.
1684504094992.png

Show us your skills and cook up your best ribs. They can be beef, pork, bone-in or boneless. All we ask is that they be cooked on a grill or smoker. Simple enough and who doesn't love ribs.

Here is a link to the throw-down rules. Please read and become familiar with the rules to avoid any future disappointments.

Entries must be submitted by midnight Sunday July 9th via a private message to Robert ( tx smoker tx smoker ). Any entries posted to the open forum, Roberts profile page, or to me will be automatically disqualified.

The codeword for this throw-down is: Ribs, and must be included in your submission picture.

Now onto the unbelievable prize packages being offered:

First place in the forum poll will receive a gift card from Porters Road valued at 100.00.

The second place winner in the forum poll will receive their choice of three prizes. Donated by our very own Robert.

1684505917577.png
1684505959725.png
1684506017752.png

First place winner in the committee voting will receive an exquisite gift pack from Piedmontese Beef.
Consisting of (4)14oz. Ribeyes, a 3# chuck roast, and 2 racks of very meaty beef back ribs.

The runner-up in the committee voting will receive an Inkbird instant read two probe thermometer, and three jars of Jeffs' ( jcam222 jcam222 ) hot sauces. Generously donated by Jeff ( jcam222 jcam222 )

1684506812815.png

Remember Please Read and Completely Understand the Rules.

TO SUBMIT A VALID ENTRY YOU MUST INCLUDE THE CODEWORD "RIBS" ON A SLIP OF PAPER AND INCLUDE IT IN YOUR PICTURE!!!!!!!!!

Entries can be submitted anytime between now and July 9th.

Lets see those Bodacious Bones folks, and good luck to all.

Chris

Code word: RIBS

Last edited:
This one should be a blast!! Rockin' ribs for the better part of two months. I might have to get a back up drive to store all the entries for this one :emoji_laughing: Chris is right though...who doesn't love a good rib? They are BBQ staples.
hot sauces. Generously donated by Jeff ( jcam222 jcam222 )
Not only were the donated by Jeff, they were also made by him. I can personally attest to the fact that they are amazing!! These were in the gift package I got from him for our Christmas exchange and I've been totally blown away by how fantastic they are.

Robert

Reactions: JLeonard
I'm new here, and haven't made Ribs since 2 years ago. (last year was busy getting my leg amputated, and then 2 months later my Heart valve replacement.- Short story is "Blood infection" basically) THAT said, I just cleaned out the smoker the other day, and I'm ready.
I'm Certainly no pro, (but made several amateur racks), but compared to this place, it's really an uphill battle.
But I can't resist, I may just participate in this. :emoji_sunglasses:

I better get practicing..

T.

I'm new here, and haven't made Ribs since 2 years ago. (last year was busy getting my leg amputated, and then 2 months later my Heart valve replacement.- Short story is "Blood infection" basically) THAT said, I just cleaned out the smoker the other day, and I'm ready.
I'm Certainly no pro, (but made several amateur racks), but compared to this place, it's really an uphill battle.

T.
Wow sounds like you've been thru a lot in the last couple of years. I'm happy all is well now. None of us are really pro's(that I know of). Since you've got your smoker all cleaned up, I say go for it. What better way to break it in again. It only costs the price of the ribs, and look what you could walk away with!!! That and enjoying some good chow.

Good luck if you decide to participate.

Chris

Sounds like you have had a rough go of things. I'm thrilled to hear that you're getting back in the race though.
As Chris said, there are no real pros here, just a bunch of backyard enthusiasts with a great support group with the forum members. I'd ask that you not think of it as an uphill battle. These things are a ton of fun and our only wish is for people to enjoy themselves and the camaraderie that the TD's bring to the forum. Cannot wait to see what you turn out and if you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask. We'd rather answer them than see a mishap with any of the entries.

Robert

I am definitely getting in on this one! I missed the burger brawl due to pouring rain the last weekend of it :(
Woo hoo!! This is gonna be fun. Sorry to hear that you got rained out for the last one...and yes, Water Rat ribs are an acceptable entry :emoji_laughing: They might pair nicely with the chipmunk ribs I mentioned earlier :emoji_astonished:

Robert

Great idea for a TD. For some reason July seems so far off, shouldn't that be June 9?

EDIT Just read it better and see it is spanning BOTH holidays. SORRY!

EDIT Just read it better and see it is spanning BOTH holidays. SORRY!
Completely understandable oversight. These things typically run a month but we try to mix things up to keep them interesting. Spanning two of the best known BBQ holidays in the Summer just seemed like it may be a fun little twist this time around.

Robert

T.
Sorry you had to go through all that. I myself had a pretty bad accident and literally died, but I’m on the mend now and looking forward to competing. I would say I’m just dying to compete but at this juncture in my life, that joke isn’t as funny as it used to me.

Best of luck to you (and everyone else of course)! Let the smoking begin! 🔥

Yep…this one’s gonna be fun! There have been some amazing rib cooks posted here over the years, so I know you guys can really bring it for this TD!!

Red

Edited a rather embarrassing typo...autocorrect did it to me again!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky