Bloody Mary Chicken Lollipops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Rockies
A friend asked if I had an appetizer to make for Halloween in his smoker. I made some Bloody Mary Chicken Wings and I am posting this for him.

I started making the Bloody Mary Barbecue Sauce.

I mixed the following together:

• 175 ml (3/4 cup) ketchup
  • 40 ml (3 tablespoons) vodka
  • 10 ml (2 teaspoons) lemon juice
  • 20 ml (4 teaspoons) Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 ml (1/2 teaspoon) celery salt
  • 2 ml (1/2 teaspoon) Sriracha sauce or 1 ml (1/4 teaspoon) Tabasco sauce
I covered the sauce and put it in the fridge for from 4 hours to overnight.

I had 10 drumsticks. I cut through the skin just where the drumstick started to thicken. Then I used poultry shears to cut through the meat and ligaments. I put my thumb under the skin and pulled it over the knuckle at the end. I cut the skin off with shears if it didn't pull away.

Bloody Mary Chicken Lollipops 1.jpg

I used my heavy chef night to cut a flat spot on the end of the drumstick so they would stand upright.

Bloody Mary Chicken Lollipops 2.jpg

I sprinkled 10 ml (2 teaspoons) of celery salt over both sides of the drumsticks and gave them a good grating of pepper.

Bloody Mary Chicken Lollipops 3.jpg

I preheated my smoker to 350 F. I put the drumsticks upright on a perforated grill tray and smoked for about 55 minutes to an internal temperature over 170 F. I dipped the drumsticks in the barbecue sauce to coat well and put them back in the smoker for 10 minutes for the sauce to set.

Bloody Mary Chicken Lollipops 4.jpg

The finished product.

Bloody Mary Chicken Lollipops 5.jpg

The Verdict

These are so good. The vodka gives an adult drink taste. The ketchup, Worcestershire and celery salt are strongly remeniscent of a Bloody Mary. These are fun for halloween but tasty enough to use any time. They are great on game night!

Disco

Those sure do look and sound good Disco. I haven't had any Vodka or liquor for that matter in years. I think I'd give the wife a heart attack if I came home with a bottle. Come to think of it - that may be worth a shot...

Point for sure
Chris

Those are awesome Disco and VERY original. Points for sure.

Thanks, jcam. I really appreciate the point.

Awesome! They look really tasty!

Thanks, Sowsage. They are surprisingly tasty for such an easy sauce!

Those sure do look and sound good Disco. I haven't had any Vodka or liquor for that matter in years. I think I'd give the wife a heart attack if I came home with a bottle. Come to think of it - that may be worth a shot...

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks, Chris. Wise to stay away from the liquour. Look what it did to me! I appreciate the point.

Disco

My friend I think a visit to the eye doc maybe in need LOL
I don'y do wings but would be happy to dispose of them for you. BIG LIKES
Richie

Thanks for the like! Come on up and I'll make you some.

Looks tasty David,
a nice twist on the regular Lollipops.

Before my teetotaler times Bloody Mary's and Ceasar's were always welcome.
Like!

Thanks for the like, Chile! Ceasar's were invented in a restaurant just over the Alberta border in Calgary.

Amazing! Must put on my list. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, Hawging It! They are fun.

Disco

Could you please bring an appetizer to our football tailgate next Saturday? I was thinking maybe something chicken...dark meat maybe :-)

Like!

OMG, What a Post!!
This is a Fantastic Thread, and an Excellent Step by Step!!
All looks Soooo Tasty!!!
Way to Go, Disco!!
Like.

Bear

Reactions: disco
Very nice Disco, I love the bloody mary flavors...real nice color on them too!

Like!

Thanks, xray. It is surprising how well the Bloody Mary flavours go into a bbq sauce.

Now, those are form of art... bravo!

and you are very kind!

Could you please bring an appetizer to our football tailgate next Saturday? I was thinking maybe something chicken...dark meat maybe :-)

Like!

Anything to see a football game (even if Canadian football is better)! Thanks for the like!

Disco

OMG, What a Post!!
This is a Fantastic Thread, and an Excellent Step by Step!!
All looks Soooo Tasty!!!
Way to Go, Disco!!
Like.

Bear

Blushing here, Bear! I always appreciate your input! Thanks for the like.

Nice a great post Disco. For sure on my to do list real soon.

Warren

I think you will like it HalfSmoked!

Disco

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky